Criss Angel An Amazing "Magician"?

Is Criss Angel the the best thing that ever happened to magic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

Liam Carrie

Is Criss a disgrace to magic? Or An amazing magician? You decide
Whats your opinion? Personally i think if magic was a dishcloth criss would have stained it BADLY He's a disgrace!!!

Sep 1, 2007
Jesus christ I'm getting tired of these posts. Of course he's a magician! What else would he be? The fact that people just diss him all the time just shows that they are jealous cuz he's laughing all the way to the bank. I'm not defending Criss, I just think we have better things to do then down a guy we don't even know.

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Jesus christ I'm getting tired of these posts. Of course he's a magician! What else would he be? The fact that people just diss him all the time just shows that they are jealous cuz he's laughing all the way to the bank. I'm not defending Criss, I just think we have better things to do then down a guy we don't even know.

I agree with that, I think Criss is just as good as any other magician here, if he didn't have all the money that he has now, he would probably be using the same tricks we see being sold, but since he got all that money, he took advantage of that money, to make his magic look more impossible.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
I agree with that, I think Criss is just as good as any other magician here, if he didn't have all the money that he has now, he would probably be using the same tricks we see being sold, but since he got all that money, he took advantage of that money, to make his magic look more impossible.

with all that expensive video editing programs he uses all the time
and all the money he has to pay his stooges :D

with all that expensive video editing programs he uses all the time
and all the money he has to pay his stooges :D

Ok that's ridiculous. Almost EVERY magician uses a stooge somewhere down the line. In my eyes, Criss doesn't use stooges, he's just so damn good at what he does he leads you to believe he uses stooges which is an illusion in itself.

Criss Angel IS amazing. I do not think he is a disgrace at all. The only reason he is such a huge success is because, unlike most of the washed up magicians in this world, he works his ASS off!!! He does whatever he can to make a living out of magic. If you've read his book you will have read that he once sold his mothers house to set up his off-Broadway show Mindfreak, and got her a newer, better one in return. The only thing wrong with Criss, in my opinion, is his ego. BUT, he has a reason to have a big ego. He's been considered the greatest magician IN THE WORLD, so he has to defend that title. And you can't sit there and tell me that if you became a millionaire, you wouldn't have a little bit of an ego problem. All richer people do. Now that I've got that off my chest, I'm off to do Christmas decorations. :D

Anthony Bass

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Chris angel is a magician yes
i just find his style of magic and his ego not my thing but it is oviously others style. He ism't the greatest magician even if he says so

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
For the most part, the stuff he does on TV could be done by ANY of you. It requires no skill to gesture and scream while others do the magic for you. He is more an actor than magician now. (He took that actor playing the part of a magician quote too damn far I think)

Much of the stuff he USED to do required skill and practice, but now he's just a washed up bitter old rocker with a TV show. (like Gene Simmons but with more magic)

But hey, what does he care what a buncha wankers on a message board think. He's got an army of curvy fangirls that would KILL for him and enuff cash to buy and sell our asses ten times over.

I used to think Criss was pretty cool but lately his show has become less entertaining. Now that I think about it back when I never did magic I thought it was amazing but now not so much. Although his goal at the end of the day his job is to entertain laymen not magicians.

Luis

Sep 4, 2007
good magician, i suppose. i just wish he wasn't such a douchebag.

gives a bad name to magicians.

thats whypeople stereotype magicians as queers.

not that queers are bad.

or anything.

I think "a disgrace to magic" is too much of a hate word. I think he classifies as an "illusionist" rather than a magician. He does use video editing programs and such, so I'm not thrilled, but I can't say he's a disgrace to magic.

Sep 9, 2007
Chris angel is a magician yes
i just find his style of magic and his ego not my thing but it is oviously others style. He ism't the greatest magician even if he says so

I totally agree to a point. Watching him perform I can appreciate his skill, but hate his persona. He's too extreme, too try hard.

BUT....

I've watched a couple of his instructional videos, and he comes off as a totally different person. And I enjoyed seeing him on Phenomenon.

so i guess my opinion of him as a person depends on how he's acting at any given time.

but yeah, he's a magician/illusionist - by definition, he DOES perform.

Remember, you don't have to be a good magician to be a magician. It sucks if you're not, but that's why we have adjectives. Until he stops doing magic, he's a magician, whether you like him or not.

Sep 1, 2007
I would not call someone who is so full of him self and must find some way to work his accomplishments into every conversation that takes place around a camera "amazing"

But if you think about it, its sort of amazing how someone can walk around like a biker all the time and uses camera tricks and payed actors to get to the top. Thats is the only thing I find amazing about Chris Ego, And I'm going to guess most of you think I hate him, I don't. I hate just about everything he does on the show. I mean he is really talented, but I just can't stand the guy.

I heard him own a show, where he said "I have no idea why people think I have powers, I don't" Or something like that. Jee Chris, maybe its because you dress in black all the time and then pretend like you are talking to spirits. Among other things, maybe that has something to do with it? The guy has no rhyme or reason.

Nov 12, 2007
I heard him own a show, where he said "I have no idea why people think I have powers, I don't" Or something like that. Jee Chris, maybe its because you dress in black all the time

Er... I also mainly wear black. In fact, I even wear chains. The only difference is I am who I am; I don't pretend to be something else. Unlike Mr. Angel, who uses it as a way to make himself look cooler.

I mainly dislike Criss Angel because his ego annoys me. I am surprised no one has tried to create a levitation off the hot air the guy emits. It’s quite annoying, actually. Also I find him to be a hypocrite, as he pretends to have certain 'powers', as if he can deal with spirits and such, but then attacks anyone who does the same. He is an actor, and yes, a magician as well. But is he a magician I would want to be associated with? Not in a million years.

Just my humble opinion.

L

Liam Carrie

i was once a big fan of criss, i believed he did not use camera tricks, Or Stooges. And then i found out this summer at magic camp who he really is and what he is exposed as.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results