Saturday Night Contest - ReCord Your Effect

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Just a few weeks ago, we released a beautiful effect by Rick Lax - ReCord. In this impromptu effect, you can visibly AND audibly split a pair of headphones into two, fuse them back together, and immediately hand them out for inspection.

Tonight's contest was inspired by that effect. The challenge is to create a NEW magic effect that in some way involves technology. You have 24 hours to make it happen: the deadline is tomorrow (Sunday) at 7:30pm EST.

The rules are very simple: create a new effect for this contest that uses technology in some way, shape, or form. This can be an effect using a television, camera, headphones, cell phone, iPod, or even a wrist watch. As long as it has some technological element to it, the sky is the limit.

Record (pun intended!) your effect and post the video on YouTube or Vimeo, and then post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than tomorrow, Sunday, at 7:30pm EST.

After time is up, our panel of judges will go through each submission and decide on the winner. Entries will be judged based on overall impact and creativity. What can you take home this week? 1,000 Elite Member Points, 6 Decks of ARTISAN Playing Cards, and ReCORD by Rick Lax! Go for it.

UPDATE - Time is up! The results have been posted.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Don't mean to sound ungrateful, but is there any chance the decks can be something else? Like the Love Me, or Animal Kingdom?

Nov 21, 2012
United States
Post the video on youtube and the link here?

"Record (pun intended!) your effect and post the video on YouTube or Vimeo, and then post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than tomorrow, Sunday, at 7:30pm EST."

In other words, yes. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 7, 2013
Thank you ! I fixed this "little inconvenience" =)

Mar 23, 2013
wow everyones is looking very good....im very intrigued by everyones methods

Jan 19, 2013
I was thinking about doing something of the same concept just unlocking it but I couldn't come up with a method that would work. Nice job though! I'm fooled.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results