Cups and Balls

Aug 30, 2012
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a download a tutorial of a good cups and balls routine? Any help would be great, thank you!

Apr 17, 2013
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a download a tutorial of a good cups and balls routine? Any help would be great, thank you!

L&L has the Michael Ammar Cups and Ball book as a PDF now. There is one in the Tarbell PDF as well. The thing with the cups and balls is really making it your own. Most material will have pretty much the same generic routine and a study of moves, even moves not used in generic routine. Then you start to pick and chose different moves and phases to add to your cups and balls routine.

Aug 30, 2012
That's kind of what I figured but I'm trying to get a good start since I am just getting started with magic other than cards. Thank you for the help Krab

Apr 17, 2013
That's kind of what I figured but I'm trying to get a good start since I am just getting started with magic other than cards. Thank you for the help Krab

I have the hard copy of the Michael Ammar book. It is a great place to start. Also learn the Vernon wand spin. I think the basic basic cups and balls would be the Mark Wilson Course in Magic version. Pretty straight forward.

Aug 18, 2013
I'd suggest learning Vernon's routine from either "The Dai Vernon Book of Magic" or in "Stars of Magic" and go from there.

Reactions: Knuckles
Feb 10, 2013
I have Gazzo's Street Cups and Balls and it is very good as well. It comes in both a DVD and a book form.

Aug 30, 2012
I have the hard copy of the Michael Ammar book. It is a great place to start. Also learn the Vernon wand spin. I think the basic basic cups and balls would be the Mark Wilson Course in Magic version. Pretty straight forward.

Vernon wand spin?

Apr 17, 2013
Vernon wand spin?

Dai Vernon would make the ball vanish with a wand spin. It is a really sexy move.

Here is Dai on the old Mark Wilson show doing cups and balls. He gets into it about a minute fifty. The wand spin is there. It shows the ball in hand and then the vanish on the spin.
[video=youtube;De2tyFK8WA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De2tyFK8WA0[/video]

Aug 30, 2012
...That is awesome...got to give the Professor respect. Yeah I love the idea of the cups and balls routine and after seeing that I have a goal...learn that spin, so its in Michael Ammar's book?

Apr 17, 2013
...That is awesome...got to give the Professor respect. Yeah I love the idea of the cups and balls routine and after seeing that I have a goal...learn that spin, so its in Michael Ammar's book?

Yes it is. Ammar also sells that wand but with some grip to it.

Apr 17, 2013
Michael Ammar's DVD set pretty much teaches the entire Vernon routine, plus a ton of other different variations on the act as well.

The Ammar book covers all of the DVDs as well as some extra stuff and cheaper

Jun 22, 2013
New York
being a beginner .. i remain in want to be aware of the new tricks and trades in magic and all its relevant aspects ... the read is helpful in fulling me with that wished information

Apr 17, 2013
Can any wand be used or does it need the Ammar wand?

Kinda and no. The Ammar wand has a bit of weight to it. You need a solid wand with some weight as well, not a hallow plastic one. something at least the weight of a quality drum stick.

The cheapest way to get there really is to head to the local hardware store. Not one of the big box ones. Something like a Do It Best or Ace. Pick up a hard wood dowel rod in half to 3/4. Pick up up some heat shrink in the right size. Cut down the dowel and heat shrink to size. You should be out about $5 in supplies and should be able to use a hair dryer to heat the heat shrink. This is how I did it for years til I was gifted an Ammar Mercury wand. Now I have a small collection of different wands.

Aug 30, 2012
Interestingly enough I have a wand made from a dowel rod that has been painted. I will get some heat shrink for it. I can see what you mean about the weight being important. Thank you for all your help.

Apr 17, 2013
At first the heat shrink was there to hold the shell casing I used for the wand tips. Then I found it added a bit of grip.

Aug 30, 2012
The wand I use is just solid wood no wand tips but the heat shrink would help for the grip. Does it go on clear?

Apr 17, 2013
The wand I use is just solid wood no wand tips but the heat shrink would help for the grip. Does it go on clear?

No it is black and rubber. Look inside you car's engine. That black rubber stuff on the wires is heat shrink.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results