Strongest Card Trick?

Dec 5, 2013
Boston
Thats really awesome. Where did you learn that/did you invent that? Also, in response to you question, the three strongest card tricks I perform are haunted deck (with l**ps), a standup triumph that I forget the name of, and card to ear (card to ear is litterally identical to card to mouth (like the dan white one taught on t11 but I place it behind my ear instead of sticking out of my mouth. this allows for me to have better control of the moment of magic).

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
in my parlour show there are two one is my presentation of the invisible deck, simply because at no point does the spectator ever say what the card is they are thinking of and also a cards across routine I do. In my walk around, although I don't do to many card effects a simple two card transposition which takes place in the spectators hand, always gets good reactions.

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
that's why I do it in my walk around gigs as an opener, it doesn't matter whether they are into what you are doing or not when you first walk up to them, but after that, something simple, quick and visual in the hands, it gets their attention to see more every time.

Jul 13, 2010
I love Through and Through!
I don`t know what the strongest trick is but with Tamariz "Total Coincidence" I usually get great reactions.
Sometimes I do Woody Aragon`s one deck version "Coincidences with Incidences".
Also simple effects (simple to follow, not necessarily simple to do) such as two card transpositions are strong, and my favorite is Mark Ennis "The Uninvited Guest" (Jason should know this better than almost anyone here ^^).

Apr 9, 2011
It's an interesting topic. I might read an effect and think that it's decent… and then years later realize that it's a powerhouse!

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
It's an interesting topic. I might read an effect and think that it's decent… and then years later realize that it's a powerhouse!

This is a massive problem I have and I think a lot of magicians have the same issue. I find I tend to judge a trick from a magician's point of view and because of this can skirt over potentially knockout effects for lay people. The amount of times I have done what I would consider a throw away effect for my friends in a social situation and that have been stunned by it, stuns me sometimes!

Jul 13, 2010
Absolutely. Sometimes an effect that I considered strong wasn`t as interesting for my audience as I thought. And vice versa. My main premise is "easy to follow" effects, not complicated, complex ones. I often see magicians who are in love with their card handling. I prefer minimal handling of the cards, with spectator interaction as much as possible.
Tamariz does an effect where he reveals a thought of card on top of the deck. It`s really magical because it seems that he hardly ever handled the deck before the reveal. The method is bold and obvious for magicians, but it is damn strong for laymen. He`s extremely good in creating the illusion that he never did or touched anything although he has.
Jason`s "The Ladanye Effect" also is one of the strongest effects you can possibly do for laymen. A thought-of card revealed in the hands of the spectators after they named it. Easy to follow and impossible. Can`t be more magical than that I think.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Jason that was a fantastic presentation. Well done. Nicely introduced, executed, and presented. I especially noticed your timing/pacing when speaking. We can all learn much about performance from watching quality presentations like that.

Jul 13, 2010
Indeed. I'm a fan and he`s one of the best, most promising (young) magicians of the new generation IMO. Incredible how good he has become in a relatively short time. His first book is so good that it could easily be a book of a veteran in the card magic area.

Nov 26, 2013
The strongest card tricks I know are the haunted deck, and the invisible deck. The best reaction I ever got from the invisible deck, people literally ran out of the room screaming.

Nov 9, 2013
That was a clever line at the very end of the video, I will definitely use that.

Apr 9, 2011
Monty is another good one. I think anything in their hands will always get a shocking response. I'll check out that link, thanks.

Jul 13, 2010
I think anything in their hands will always get a shocking response.
It is! I tried the classic "Twisting the Aces" with and without the final revelation in their hands. The last got a much better reaction.
The same goes for Triumph. Until I got the hint from Woody Aragon to do it excactly as described in "Stars of Magic" with the final spread done by the spectator, I did it like most magicians.
I think lots of effects can be made stronger by this detail.

BTW the "Ultimate Exchange" is another great example of powerful "in the hands"-magic.

Jan 16, 2014
California
In my opinion effects that seem figuratively "impossible" where the spectator holds and is in charge of the deck give me the best reactions. Anyone who is a fan of the invisible deck should look into irreversible by Daniel Madison. I've had experiences where at the final revelation, the spectator just drops the deck in awe, or is completely and utterly fooled.

Jul 11, 2013
One of my favorite card tricks to do either has to be James Galeas card to pocket routine or this cool trick very similar to the kissing trick but done ripped up and in the hands. These are both very simple but very fun tricks to do.

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
Believe it or not but the effect I perform that really freaks people out is the Biddle Trick. As magicians we sometimes forget that less is more. And I always follow that up with Regeneration by Blake Vogt which just puts the whole experience of your spec over the top.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results