Any Ring Magic?

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Hello, it's been awhile since I've posted a thread.
I recently just got hired at a Kay Jewelers in my local town and everyone today just found out that I was a magician, I showed them some easy card tricks and ended with the balloon effect Pressure. I then was asked if I could do magic with their rings and I honestly couldnt really answer her. All the effects I know that involve rings either the method requires plain bands and no stones on it, the effect is cheesy and obvious, or it's just not the right venue to swallow rings and pull a string out my neck haha.

So my question can anyone point me in the right direction? Looking for any good ring effects that I could do with the rings in the store. Linking rings, ring to impossible location, anything would be nice! :)

Thank you.

ring on string (i think is the right name) is really good and can essentially become a ring to anywhere, i just to it as a penetration from a rope to a magic wand, but a shoelace and pencil would work just as well

oh also there are tons and tons have ring manipulation tricks, although i don't really know any past "ring thing" by Garrett Thomas.

but a false transfer and secretly putting on one finger can play pretty well if you perform it right. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S6194 this would probably be your best bet for learning although like i said there have been tons of recent ring tricks

Jan 4, 2014
A good ring routine i like to do as a opener when i do magic is justin millers divorce its really good and visual as well. Especially if your in a ring store it will be easy to set up the tricks to make the ring pop up in a crazy location.

Good luck.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
What I would do is buy a Himber Ring and wear that so you can do the linking finger rings, as well as some impromptu stuff like Garett Thomas and some of the stuff mentioned above. There is also an effect by Richard Sanders in which you borrow a ring and it vanishes and re appears on your shoelace, the name escapes me but it really shouldn't be that hard to find.

Feb 18, 2014
My absolute favorite ring routine is one I created that involves Patrick Kun's Reflex, Justin Miller's divorce, Garret Thomas Ring thing, and once in a while a ring vanish ny peter mckinnon called pantheon which is on his lock stock and riot DVD

Jan 4, 2014
My absolute favorite ring routine is one I created that involves Patrick Kun's Reflex, Justin Miller's divorce, Garret Thomas Ring thing, and once in a while a ring vanish ny peter mckinnon called pantheon which is on his lock stock and riot DVD

Wow i might even check these out because im looking to expand my ring routine. Thanks a tone man. :)

Feb 18, 2014
Oh I forgot to mention, this may not be for you, but look at coin ring thing by dan hauss its on ellusionist I believe. Its a spellbound with a coin and a ring, and invisible by damien savina has some awesome ring stuff too, but probably not what your looking for im not sure. Anyway hope that helps!

Dec 5, 2013
Boston
The Richard Sanders ring on shoelace is called interlaced but it is not really something you are going to wear unless you are at an event because the method is very involved. Its an AWESOME trick though. Blind deception has the right idea in my opinion to just learn a ton of impromptu and un-gimmicked ring magic that can be done with a borrowed ring. You can just jazz with what is right for the situation depending on if the ring is borrowed, what type of ring it is, and what the audience seems to be responding to.

May 21, 2014
Staunton, VA
Justin Miller has some great ring stuff. Divorce is his full ring routine, he's got a ring slide if you're a fan of IT, and there's a trick on Bold 1 called Bloodlink where you use a plain band to make circles on your hands and then move one so it's linked to the one on the other hand. I use that one all the time.

There are also gimmicks out there at allow you to borrow people's finger rings and link them. If you plant one of those on a stooge so it looks like all the rings are borrowed, it's a very powerful effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results