Concern about the Holiday Contest

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
On the page where you spin the wheel, the small sentence in the top left corner said that "Of the prize is still on the wheel, it's still up for grabs!". However, I remember Lyle said in another thread that "We gave away one of our grand prize on the first day of our contest", but all the grand prizes are still shown on the wheel. In fact, just yesterday I spun the wheel and it stopped at Instant Card Collection, but FIVE seconds later, it moves to the elite points???? What is going on here? I hope that the wheel is not controlled...

Aug 4, 2014
Of course that wheel is controlled . -_-
Oh , and they're giving away more than one of some of the grand prizes.

somecallmetim96

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
Pete, the wheel is controlled, your prize has been decided the second you click spin.
I had an issue where the wheel wouldn't spin but I still got the prize they chose.
If it really were a random spin all of the grand prizes would be gone already.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
I personally feel that people with a little bit of a reputation, so to speak, gets luxury prizes, for both years I have spun every single day it was active and have gotten nothing but elite points and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced that.

The thing is that there are only so many of the bigger prizes, so of course not many people will get them. But we must remember the fact that we are getting this stuff for free, so even if it is 50 elite points, that's still more than you would get for doing nothing. Just keep that fact in mind when you spin the wheel.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I personally feel that people with a little bit of a reputation, so to speak, gets luxury prizes, for both years I have spun every single day it was active and have gotten nothing but elite points and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced that.

Not true at all. This is completely random. Yes, there are fewer chances to win the bigger prizes (Elite Points and "No Reward" are the most common, but based on a weight we have previously set up your chances of winning are just as good as the next person. There is not one single person on this planet who gets any sort of better odds. Every single spin has the same odds as every other spin. Doing this any other way is both complicated and also extremely unfair.

// L

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Pete, the wheel is controlled, your prize has been decided the second you click spin.
I had an issue where the wheel wouldn't spin but I still got the prize they chose.
If it really were a random spin all of the grand prizes would be gone already.

This is true. The wheel isn't like a physical prize wheel, it has nothing to do with momentum or anything of the sort. The moment you click the "Spin" button your prize is decided, based on the weighted odds we set up. This prize is recorded in our system and then the wheel spins and stops on the selected prize.

The odds for the Grand Prize are MUCH lower than the odds for 50 Elite Points. Elite Points and "No Reward" spins are common. Decks and Uncut Sheets are uncommon. All of the grand prizes are very rare. We go through LOTS AND LOTS of spins on the wheel during the contest. If the odds weren't weighted this way, we would be out of prizes on day #1.

We gave away one of our Card Collection prizes on Day #1 (which is against crazy odds!) and we are offering another one now. It is no fun to take away a grand prize hours into the contest!

// L

Mark

Lead Sourcerer // theory11
Jul 23, 2007
USA
www.theory11.com
Not sure about anyone else, but it's glitching for me currently. It's displaying a little stub and "1 1 1 spins" left.

That's not good! It sounds like your browser isn't loading something correctly. Can you shoot me an email to support@theory11.com with a screenshot and info about what device and browser you are using? Will get this sorted out for you ASAP.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Just wanted to make a post about Theory11's response to my comment. Mark emailed me within a matter of minutes and got the problem fixed immediately. Moreover, he gave me three extra spins. T11 is a role model of a company if I've ever seen one. Everyone from Jonathan to Mark and in between runs a magnificent site, and I can't recommend it enough. Great job.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results