Photo of the Day

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Hey guys,
I've started a daily photo post of theory11's cards and whatnot on my instagram account. I just wanted to share some of these with you guys. Feel free to add you own pictures to this thread. I figured I'd start this to combine my two hobbies of card collecting and photography together. If this works out I'll try adding a new photo everyday to keep things fresh. Photos will be imported from instagram at a delay, latest pictures will be found there.

Here's my first post:
11098280_1514777928812683_1344238044_n.jpg

Contraband Ace of Clubs

Feedback is welcome!

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
I like this thread. Good photographs. Can you say few words about your photo equipment?
Sure! I use a Nikon D5100. I shoot with a 18-55mm VR kit lens with a standard UV filter. Sometimes I use a macro filter for close ups, but only once in awhile. I shoot with indirect lighting from a window onto my desk. My typical exposure settings are an ISO of 1600, f stop of 5.6, and shutter speeds around 1/50 to 1/80. I usually stray away from using flash and set my white balance to Direct Sunlight so my cards look nicer.

Jan 28, 2015
Alright, here's the photo of the day:
11379746_139430566389669_1329628721_n.jpg

Silver Eagle and Silver Monarchs.
If you guys noticed, I'm skipping around to catch up with my posts on my Instagram page.

Love the Walking Liberty, I just returned back here to Sweden from 3 weeks in America visiting family where I acquired some Walking Liberty half-dollars from my father who collects silver coins:

lAvkK2Q.png

kiDBJ3x.png

Great Instagram, and fantastic gear! :)

|| [color=#df7f07 ]Steven[/color]

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Love the Walking Liberty, I just returned back here to Sweden from 3 weeks in America visiting family where I acquired some Walking Liberty half-dollars from my father who collects silver coins:

lAvkK2Q.png

kiDBJ3x.png

Great Instagram, and fantastic gear! :)

|| Steven
Nice! Those are actually the half dollars from the forties, whereas mine are dollar coins from this year.
CLCAbOrVEAAYNd0.jpg

The coin on the left is the one I used, whereas the coin on the right are the kind you have. The one on the right is dirty because I found it on the side of a road.

Jan 28, 2015
Nice! Those are actually the half dollars from the forties, whereas mine are dollar coins from this year.
CLCAbOrVEAAYNd0.jpg

The coin on the left is the one I used, whereas the coin on the right are the kind you have. The one on the right is dirty because I found it on the side of a road.

Lucky find, awesome!

|| Steven

Jan 28, 2015
It won't always be consistent. Some days it's hard to find inspiration.

I know exactly what you mean, on my Instagram I have over 130 card photos I took each day in a row. I was going to make a run at doing that for a solid year, but I got burned out.

Now I'm going to take cardtography whenever and post as it happens without forcing it.

|| Steven

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
I know exactly what you mean, on my Instagram I have over 130 card photos I took each day in a row. I was going to make a run at doing that for a solid year, but I got burned out.

Now I'm going to take cardtography whenever and post as it happens without forcing it.

|| Steven
I'm preparing for a year where I'll be busy doing photography and film making on a semi-daily to weekly basis. This is an exercise to train my mind as I try to find inspiration in different subjects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results