Saturday Night Contest - One Still Frame

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! This week's contest is inspired by this photo that was posted on our Instagram page yesterday - a cardistry move captured in one still frame. There is certainly art in an entire performance, but there is also a beauty in capturing it in one image. What is the main focus of the entire move? We want to explore that this weekend.

The challenge for this weekend is to capture the main part of your favorite card flourish in one picture. At what point in the entire move do you think the flourish looks its best and has the most impact? Take a still image of that moment. In addition to getting that shot, judging criteria will be based on the artistic style of your photo. This means composition, lighting, color, and setting. Incorporate all of these together to bring your style through your cardistry and show the world your perspective. Whoever does the best job of utilizing these elements in their photo will win.

Each members is allowed only 2 entries. Upload your pictures via Instagram and hashtag them with #theory11. Then, post the link to your image(s) in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, August 9th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner. We also want new photos for this contest. Anything that was shot before the posting of this contest is not allowed and if entered, will be disqualified.

Winner of this contest will take home 1,000 Elite Member Points and a deck of Summer Edition Mailchimp Playing Cards. Ultra-rare!

We look forward to seeing your style shine in this week's challenge. Start brainstorming, and good luck! You have 24 hours to make it happen.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
This week's contest is inspired by this photo that was posted on our Instagram page yesterday - a cardistry move captured in one still frame.
I'd like to call you out on this... Your picture was taken but both your hands were in frame. This either means that you set it on timer and got lucky, had someone take it for you, or you have a third hand (which would be cool). The parameters are pretty impossible on this one if you prefer two handed flourishes. Nah, I'm just kidding. I have my shutter release switch and a big toe. Should be a piece of cake. :p
Also belated happy birthday!

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Here's my first attempt: https://instagram.com/p/6JWL52v05D/
Move pictured: Cylinder by Andrei Jikh.
This was very difficult to pull off. I had to lean up against my tripod so I could see in the viewfinder and extend my arms into frame. All my weight was placed on my right knee as I had to push the shutter release with my left big toe. Overall, this was very uncomfortable to shoot. Good luck to anyone who successfully pulls this off alone, you've earned my respect.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I'd like to call you out on this... Your picture was taken but both your hands were in frame. This either means that you set it on timer and got lucky, had someone take it for you, or you have a third hand (which would be cool). The parameters are pretty impossible on this one if you prefer two handed flourishes. Nah, I'm just kidding. I have my shutter release switch and a big toe. Should be a piece of cake. :p
Also belated happy birthday!
It was photographed by JB

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results