Saturday Night Contest - Throwback

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! If you missed your chance to grab a deck of White Monarchs earlier this week, you can win a deck via our comment contest on Expose, which you can watch right here. It was an amazing release event to go alongside our new website design, and we truly appreciate all of the kind words and support given for the new look. Months and months of working on the new design from scratch have paid off, and we hope you are enjoying it!

Much like the comment contest on Expose this week, our challenge tonight is all about the throwback. The challenge this week is to perform your favorite effect released/sold by theory11 (excluding Marketplace). It can be one of the first few effects released, or the latest effect released. What we want you guys to do is pick ANY one of those effects and perform it.

What are the specific judging criteria for this contest? We are judging based on the best overall performance and execution of the effect (no flashes!), and bonus points are awarded if you create a variation or add some creativity to the effect. Each member gets up to 2 entries maximum.

Film and upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, March 6th. Once time is up, we will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What's up for grabs? 1,000 Elite Member Points and a deck of ultra-rare Gold Monarchs, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

What's your favorite effect on theory11? Show us, and take home the prize!

Reactions: Dean Magic

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Just to clarify, it doesn't have to be an effect produced or shot by Theory11, but can be any effects that are sold on Theory11, even though it is produced by magic smith or dan and dave correct?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
That's what I'm thinking as well. But in the post Casey said it can be the first effects "released" or the newest "released", so it would be great to hear a confirmation from Casey himself.
Hey Pete!

Like Moniker pointed out, it is any effect sold on theory11, which includes Amazebox, Double Cross, etc. If it can be found in our Tricks section, it is fair game.

Even things from Jason England???
Does effect mean that it has to be some sort of trick or can it just be a sleight?

Even things from Jason England, including sleights and things of the sort. But remember that there are bonus points awarded for creativity if you want to set your entry apart from everyone else.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Hey Pete!

Like Moniker pointed out, it is any effect sold on theory11, which includes Amazebox, Double Cross, etc. If it can be found in our Tricks section, it is fair game.

Even things from Jason England, including sleights and things of the sort. But remember that there are bonus points awarded for creativity if you want to set your entry apart from everyone else.
Thank you so much Casey!

Dec 11, 2015
Do not pay attention to my previous message.
I do the performance of an other trick called Invisible Reverse by Chris Kenner. To this performance I changed a little the final effect with a prediction ;)
I hope you will like it :)

Here is my entry for this saturday night contest :

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results