Calen Morelli - Odyssey Ring Size

I'm a little confused on how the gimmick sizing works.

I'm a size 10 ring finger and I received the regular Tungsten ring and it fits just fine. However the gimmick ring is too small won't even completely wrap around my ring finger. When I compared the ring sizes between the regular size 10 ring and the gimmick ring the gimmick ring doesn't look any bigger in fact it looks smaller.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I'm a little confused on how the gimmick sizing works.

I'm a size 10 ring finger and I received the regular Tungsten ring and it fits just fine. However the gimmick ring is too small won't even completely wrap around my ring finger. When I compared the ring sizes between the regular size 10 ring and the gimmick ring the gimmick ring doesn't look any bigger in fact it looks smaller.

Reach out to Support and they can get things sorted out for you. The gimmicks start off one size too large, but when modified they tighten up a bit. Should still be able to have the gimmick on your finger, should not be any smaller than the tungsten ring.

// L

Jan 3, 2015
Hi all!
There is a huge confusion both here and on the cafe regarding ring sizing, and I sincerely have no idea at all what to do now. I am really interested in Odyssey and would like to order, but since I live in Europe I really have to get this right. Let's start from the beginning. At first, everyone was told to order their actual size, based on any finger of choice (except little finger). The box was supposed to ship with a “chosen ring size” normal ring and a gimmick that was one size up for performance purposes. Later in the game, we discovered that the ring size should be selected based on the index finger. First customer reports on the cafe mixed the cards once again, stating that both rings are actually the same size… Some noticed that the gimmick was even smaller compared to the regular one. To cap this beautiful chaos, we take knowledge now that the same sized rings are… Normal? Or at least now we know why the rings are sized the same. It is due to the manufacturing process, where the gimmick starts one size larger but ends up about the same size as the non-gimmicked one. This whole thing opens up a few questions now. They all basically convey into one: “what size should I order if I want to buy Odyssey?” but to make this clearer, I’ll split this question into a few specific sub-questions:

- Is the fact that the rings included end up being sized the same an issue?
- Is it a problem t11 is working on or was this supposed to happen?
- If it is an issue, is this going to be corrected in the future (meaning: the two rings are actually one smaller and one larger. OR. The gimmick starts 2 sizes up so that it ends up being one size larger)?
- If no change planned, is your advice regarding sizing same as before (order based on your index)?
- Does the effect require a loose gimmick? If yes, knowing that the rings are sized equally, would you advise to order a ring size larger?
- In the trailer, it looks like the largest spot on your finger where the ring lands across all of the moves is the thumb knuckle. Is it smart to measure this particular spot and order based on this measurement?
- Many suggested that the ideal ordering method would be to split the selection of both rings. Is this something t11 is planning to do?
- Refills are planned for the future: are they just gimmicks? For a discounted price? If yes, would it be smart to wait for them to come, order a regular Odyssey just for the regular ring and an additional refill with a loose gimmick?

All of this is meant to be informative. I’m not here to criticize t11, the actual product or manufacturing. I just really want Odyssey and want to do the right thing. Thank you all in advice,

Philip Muller

RKMagic

Elite Member
May 14, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hi all!
There is a huge confusion both here and on the cafe regarding ring sizing, and I sincerely have no idea at all what to do now. I am really interested in Odyssey and would like to order, but since I live in Europe I really have to get this right. Let's start from the beginning. At first, everyone was told to order their actual size, based on any finger of choice (except little finger). The box was supposed to ship with a “chosen ring size” normal ring and a gimmick that was one size up for performance purposes. Later in the game, we discovered that the ring size should be selected based on the index finger. First customer reports on the cafe mixed the cards once again, stating that both rings are actually the same size… Some noticed that the gimmick was even smaller compared to the regular one. To cap this beautiful chaos, we take knowledge now that the same sized rings are… Normal? Or at least now we know why the rings are sized the same. It is due to the manufacturing process, where the gimmick starts one size larger but ends up about the same size as the non-gimmicked one. This whole thing opens up a few questions now. They all basically convey into one: “what size should I order if I want to buy Odyssey?” but to make this clearer, I’ll split this question into a few specific sub-questions:

- If it is an issue, is this going to be corrected in the future (meaning: the two rings are actually one smaller and one larger. OR. The gimmick starts 2 sizes up so that it ends up being one size larger)?
- If no change planned, is your advice regarding sizing same as before (order based on your index)?
- Does the effect require a loose gimmick? If yes, knowing that the rings are sized equally, would you advise to order a ring size larger?
- In the trailer, it looks like the largest spot on your finger where the ring lands across all of the moves is the thumb knuckle. Is it smart to measure this particular spot and order based on this measurement?
- Many suggested that the ideal ordering method would be to split the selection of both rings. Is this something t11 is planning to do?
- Refills are planned for the future: are they just gimmicks? For a discounted price? If yes, would it be smart to wait for them to come, order a regular Odyssey just for the regular ring and an additional refill with a loose gimmick?

All of this is meant to be informative. I’m not here to criticize t11, the actual product or manufacturing. I just really want Odyssey and want to do the right thing. Thank you all in advice,

Philip Muller
I would also like some clarification to this as well, and my question above. I was going to order it today, but I'm still not 100% about sizing.

RKMagic

Elite Member
May 14, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Sorry for asking so many questions, I just to be sure I order my correct size and don't have to worry about sending anything back or getting a refill.

Aug 22, 2016
Mine just came in today and I've been playing around with it for a few hours. The ring comes out to be around the same size though it may "look" slightly larger it fits the same.

Both the gimmicked and non-gimmicked ring fits loosely (I ordered one size above my ring size). When I say "loosely" I mean I can slide the ring on easily and if I turn my hand with the fingers pointing down the ring wont come off unless I shake my hand violently. I can perform all the moves in the instructions. You don't want the gimmick too loose I would assume, since one of the effects Calen suggest you hold your hand with your fingers pointed down and you don't want the ring to fall off. You don't want the gimmicked ring to be too tight either cause it may make handing the ring during the presentation difficult. Overall I think the best ring size to get is one where it is loose but still hands to your finger when turned fingers down

Aug 22, 2016
Sorry for the double post but I would also like to add that I wish my regular ring was one size smaller for everyday use/wear

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
The box was supposed to ship with a “chosen ring size” normal ring and a gimmick that was one size up for performance purposes.
It does. The size is larger specifically to accommodate the fact that the gimmick looses a bit of width in the gimmick making process. You get two different sizes rings (as far as the numbers go), however they shout fit nearly the same.

You should NOT receive two rings of the same size. If you order 8, you should get a size 8 ring and a size 9 gimmick. The gimmick ring (because we modify it) should fit about the same as the ungimmicked ring.

See above. There have been a VERY small number of reports of incorrect ring sizes being packaged together, this was human error during the packaging process.

See above.

You can size to one of three fingers - Ring, Index, or Middle. If you size to your little finger, the ring will be too small to perform with. If you want a specific recommendation, use your Index finger - it is what Calen uses. Your middle and ring fingers work too.

The effect simply requires that the ring is not overly tight. The recommendation is to order your actual ring size for the finger you want to wear the ring on.

The sizing recommendations made above should allow you to perform this trick as shown.

Not at this time.

Like most of our tricks we will be offering Odyssey gimmick packs at some point in the near future at a discounted price. Should you prefer a different fitting than comes with Odyssey (for example, you want a size 8 tungsten ring but prefer a much larger size 11 gimmick) you will be able to order a gimmick pack to make that happen.

A quick note to end here - If you order and receive a size that does not work for you, let our support team know HERE. Odyssey is brand new to us and the sizing makes things more complicated than most one-size-fits-all tricks. We are creating new gimmick sets as fast as possible to bring back all of our out of stock sizes. We will have all sizes back in stock soon. If we need to swap out a set for you we can do that.

// L

Jan 3, 2015
Thank you for all of your answers Lyle!
It does. The size is larger specifically to accommodate the fact that the gimmick looses a bit of width in the gimmick making process. You get two different sizes rings (as far as the numbers go), however they shout fit nearly the same.

You should NOT receive two rings of the same size. If you order 8, you should get a size 8 ring and a size 9 gimmick. The gimmick ring (because we modify it) should fit about the same as the ungimmicked ring.

See above. There have been a VERY small number of reports of incorrect ring sizes being packaged together, this was human error during the packaging process.

See above.

You can size to one of three fingers - Ring, Index, or Middle. If you size to your little finger, the ring will be too small to perform with. If you want a specific recommendation, use your Index finger - it is what Calen uses. Your middle and ring fingers work too.

The effect simply requires that the ring is not overly tight. The recommendation is to order your actual ring size for the finger you want to wear the ring on.

The sizing recommendations made above should allow you to perform this trick as shown.

Not at this time.

Like most of our tricks we will be offering Odyssey gimmick packs at some point in the near future at a discounted price. Should you prefer a different fitting than comes with Odyssey (for example, you want a size 8 tungsten ring but prefer a much larger size 11 gimmick) you will be able to order a gimmick pack to make that happen.

A quick note to end here - If you order and receive a size that does not work for you, let our support team know HERE. Odyssey is brand new to us and the sizing makes things more complicated than most one-size-fits-all tricks. We are creating new gimmick sets as fast as possible to bring back all of our out of stock sizes. We will have all sizes back in stock soon. If we need to swap out a set for you we can do that.

// L

Thank you for your reply! It really helped to clear the confusion up a bit!!

Philip Muller

I'm having an issue with the gimmick itself breaking down after two uses. The [Content removed for exposure] rendering the entire gimmick useless after only two times using it. Can't believe I paid $34.95 for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I'm having an issue with the gimmick itself breaking down after two uses. The [Content removed for exposure] rendering the entire gimmick useless after only two times using it. Can't believe I paid $34.95 for this.

If you are having trouble with your gimmick, reach out to Support and they can help you out.

Due to the nature of the gimmick it can need a touchup every once in a while. A little dab of superglue will fix it up. That said, it absolutely should not have come apart in two performances so hit up our support team so they can help!

// L

If you are having trouble with your gimmick, reach out to Support and they can help you out.

Due to the nature of the gimmick it can need a touchup every once in a while. A little dab of superglue will fix it up. That said, it absolutely should not have come apart in two performances so hit up our support team so they can help!

// L
Thank you for the reply Lyle. I'll be sure to contact them and I'll try applying more super glue to it.

tampamad83

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2013
Tampa
These only come in whole sizes. If your is a 5.5, I would bump up to a size 6. Better to be a hair larger than too small.

// L

Lyle,

Support instructed me to order a size 12, although I'm a 10.5 ring size. I know 1/2 sizes are not available. Would a 12 be accurate? I'll be ordering at end of the week.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results