New Trainer Deck Concept?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hey guys,
If you wouldn't mind, take a few minutes and check my website for trainer decks out. Or rather, Treynor decks. I've been practicing and performing with these packets for almost a year and have in the last month realized I could and should be selling them.

The site is so new and the concept so fresh to me that I haven't even paid Wix for the domain yet, don't try adding to cart because they won't let me accept electronic payment yet.

These are all handmade and designed by me, but it doesn't have to stay that way. If you want to get involved, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Let me know any design ideas, entirely new concept ideas, or even if you'd maybe consider helping me out in a cardistry collab video I'm thinking about putting together later this year to raise some exposure.

Thank you guys so much for your time!
Keep TREYNING.
Trey Tayloe

www.treytayloe.wix.com/treynordecksshop

Reactions: Dean Magic

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
I think this is a cool idea, but I'm curious as to how they're made. Is it made completely from playing cards and, if so, how durable are they? I think the idea has a lot of potential so I'd interested in helping to gain exposure for them. :D

Jun 21, 2014
Orlando, FL
I think this is a cool idea, but I'm curious as to how they're made. Is it made completely from playing cards and, if so, how durable are they? I think the idea has a lot of potential so I'd interested in helping to gain exposure for them. :D

Hey Dean! I make all of these decks by hand, with a process that I've learned over almost a year. There is glue, but it isn't just a glue stick. There is rubber cement, but it isn't just rubber cement. I make usually batches of four at a time, because once they are adhered to each other they need to be pressed. I use the heaviest object i can think of - my car! I have wood planks that I back my car over and usually leave overnight, setting the adhesive and making sure you don't get any edges sticking out or cards peeling back.

As for the durability, imagine a deck of cards that didn't ever have to bend, wasn't handled by spectators in a rough and dangerous way, or signed and ripped and torn and folded for different magic tricks. I still have and perform with the FIRST ONE I EVER MADE, and it handles and looks and feels just as good as one I made a day ago.
I'm with you on the potential. I am so stoked to see where this can go.

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
Awesome!
I'd like to get involved with this idea. I could help with your cardistry collab or any other ideas you have to gain exposure.

Jun 21, 2014
Orlando, FL
Awesome!
I'd like to get involved with this idea. I could help with your cardistry collab or any other ideas you have to gain exposure.
Send me a message thru the contact bit at the bottom of the home page so I can get your contact details and we can get something moving!
SUPER stoked to have someone else with me on this train.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Advertising is against the forums rules. Sorry to cut this short! Thread closed.

Feel free to chat with fellow forum members via PM regarding opportunities like this, however this is not something we permit in the main forums.

// L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results