Saturday Night Contest - Captured in Landscape

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great weekend! This week's contest is inspired by a photo recently posted to our Instagram. The photo is a deck of Red Tycoon Playing cards in the hands of Steve Cohen, star of Chamber Magic at The Palace Hotel in New York City. As you can see in the photo, the deck of cards is the main focus, but in the background is a landscape of the city. We are using this composition as inspiration for this week's challenge.

The challenge is to take a photo of your favorite deck of cards, but in the background, make sure a landscape is visible. Whether it is an open field, a local park, or all architecture like in the photo linked above, we want you to use your outside surroundings to compliment your deck of cards. We are looking for the best overall photo in terms of composition, lighting, and which photo is the most memorable.

Post your photos to Instagram and hashtag it #theory11, then post the link to your photo in response to THIS forum thread (if you do not have an IG account, Imgur or direct file upload in your response will also work). Make sure your account is set to public so we can see your photo, and make sure your submission is posted by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, May 7th. After time is up, we will go through all submissions and decide ona winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Member Points, and 6 Decks of NATIONAL Playing Cards.

Good luck!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Brett, you had the perfect chance to take home the prize this week. In the midst of all those tornadoes , you could have ridden one and took a snapshot of your favorite playing cards:p... JK.... Hope all is well. And Good Luck!!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Brett, you had the perfect chance to take home the prize this week. In the midst of all those tornadoes , you could have ridden one and took a snapshot of your favorite playing cards:p... JK.... Hope all is well. And Good Luck!!

Oh yeah. We felt a tremendous amount of wind--all while we were moving, no less. It didn't rain like it normally would have considering there was tornado activity. Usually it's just all sorts of rain, we just got a small sprinkling, it was weird. Then again, we live in Burleson, and in the two years we have been here, we seem to be outside the range of the crazy tornado activity. I haven't seen a tornado, but we feel the windy and rainy effects of one. I can also tell by stepping outside if it's 'ripe tornado weather' (cloudy as hell, but Forida warmth and a bit humid).

I was surprised when I found out that the activity was throwing people driving cars into trees. It was real crazy stuff to read about.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
This is a photo of my favorite deck (white Tally-Hos) in front of a landscape
18360775_308692022884847_936691656_n.jpg

So, I don't live near any landscapes, and last SNC I entered I was very serious, i Thought I would go back to my comedic roots.
Wow! I was so excited to enter, but your perfection has demoralized me. Well played, my good sir. Well Played indeed.

Reactions: 010rusty
Jan 24, 2017
Alberta
Okay, this sounds (edited for language), but for some reason I really want 010rusty to win. Could you all reply the same so we influence Casey?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Furrukh
Jan 24, 2017
Alberta
Just finished creating my new Effect for the marketplace... here it is...

I still need prepping for my coin Effect. So I created this in the last 2 days. Hope you guys enjoy :).

Nov 12, 2016

I still need prepping for my coin Effect. So I created this in the last 2 days. Hope you guys enjoy :).
I really think you need to refine that "dribble pass". Especially if you plan to sell it.

Oct 8, 2016

You need to improve it... by quite a bit. This is meant to be informational, not discouraging. When you do the "dirty work", you shouldn't tilt your body like that, as it is really easy to catch. Also, you need to either make the method cleaner, or get smoother, as it gets REALLY suspicious when looking at someone squaring an already squared deck of cards. My fix for that: When dribbling, try to get the cards to be as messy as possible, giving yourself more time to "square up" the deck and get the "dirty work" done. Other wise, it's good!

Nov 12, 2016
You need to improve it... by quite a bit. This is meant to be informational, not discouraging. When you do the "dirty work", you shouldn't tilt your body like that, as it is really easy to catch. Also, you need to either make the method cleaner, or get smoother, as it gets REALLY suspicious when looking at someone squaring an already squared deck of cards. My fix for that: When dribbling, try to get the cards to be as messy as possible, giving yourself more time to "square up" the deck and get the "dirty work" done. Other wise, it's good!
Yes I agree. Also when releasing something it should be perfect. Not like as you said "took two days", that's just not fair for the person buying it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results