Horizontal ITR of a ring

Apr 26, 2013
I Just attending this wedding

I thought I could start with Invisible touch and then ring routine just to re-inforce magnetic energy yes I've been watching Finn Jon. Master of loops & ITR

Ps Ring will not vanish just hover and move in and out of time as I need to introduce time travel as I have a card affect sealed with a signed card frozen in time encased in Ice link

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I wouldn't do anything with the couple's rings, personally. Ever. Not on their wedding night. I wouldn't even ask, because I know if I had someone ask to borrow my ring on my wedding night, I would have definitely said no. That's a symbol of their marriage, freshly 'coined' as it were. You'd better have a darn good reason to ask to use it in a magic trick.

I have heard of people getting in trouble doing routines with rings. Like having someone lie and say you switched their ring for another one. Or if a gemstone pops out (My mom once had a diamond get eaten by a parrot, it's not that unusual for them to come loose). Or if somehow you damage it in any way. I will only do a routine with a ring if it will be in plain site at all times. Literally never covered at any point for any reason.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I wouldn't do anything with the couple's rings, personally. Ever. Not on their wedding night. I wouldn't even ask, because I know if I had someone ask to borrow my ring on my wedding night, I would have definitely said no. That's a symbol of their marriage, freshly 'coined' as it were. You'd better have a darn good reason to ask to use it in a magic trick.

I have heard of people getting in trouble doing routines with rings. Like having someone lie and say you switched their ring for another one. Or if a gemstone pops out (My mom once had a diamond get eaten by a parrot, it's not that unusual for them to come loose). Or if somehow you damage it in any way. I will only do a routine with a ring if it will be in plain site at all times. Literally never covered at any point for any reason.
I agree.

I think it would still be powerful if you asked to borrow someonelse's ring, and have a strong patter.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I will use my own ring but the ring never move away from vision it's never vanished
Yeah, that's probably the best thing.

Just for reference though imagine this. Even if it isn't vanishing.
It's your wedding. You are wearing your wedding ring. All of a sudden some one asks you "do you want to see some magic?". You say sure. Then they ask you to take your ring off on your wedding day. I mean... that's just kinda messed up.

Plus, now they are worried about their ring, no longer on the trick.

Not saying that you yourself would do such a thing. Just saying it for reference.

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
I've been watching Magicians life in the impossible on Netflix.

In the first 5 minutes they show a ITR illusion of a ring hover/levitation but what make's it stand out is it's Horizontal and not vertical and spinning like the visible illusion on many to all the ITR/IT dvd and video's out their. I have bought Tarantula II as ellusionist, invisible has so many bad reviews

I would like to know where to look for the Horizontal method

I believe the magician name is David Minkin.
I am asking for this effect also - no one answered my question and it looks like no one has really answered yours...

I want to know the fork Levitation he’s using - it’s my suspicion that it’s a “fake” fork

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results