i want to make my own deck.

Nov 11, 2017
Hello community, so i started to make my own deck for flourishing deck. but i got a problem, i don't know where to buy and print it i know that i can buy from MakePlayingCards.com, but i am not sure if they have good card for flourishing and if the have which one should i buy. to buy 270gsm (promotional), 300gsm (smooth), 330gsm (superior smooth), 310gsm (linen), 310gsm (line air), plastic (100%).
I will like to get help.
thanks,
ido.

May 10, 2017
Send your deck design to USPCC and they will print it for you. The quality will be about the same as bikes. Once you make a couple create a kickstarted page and get funding for 1-5k which will let you control the quality of the cards a bit more.

Reactions: Medford Magic
Jan 12, 2018
I totally agree. Some web sites and services insistently make you believe that creating your own decks is piece of cake. In reality, they avoid mentioning any and all pitfalls you are going to encounter along the way and just try to sell you stuff.

There are too many things to consider, and the most important one is printing. Assuming that you get your hands on some good card stock and manage to nail the not-so-easy problem of cutting your sheets into cards, printing is still going to be an inpassable roadblock. Unless you own a typography press, you choices are limited to laser and inkjet printing. Both flavors are unsuitable for printing playing cards for at least 2 reasons: a) the 4-color CMYK palette is very limited when it comes to reproducing colors accurately, and b) the image that is created by such methods is not intended to be in contact with your hands all the time. Laser printers “fuse” wax and powder to the paper surface, which results in a raised layer that is prone to peeling off easily. Try to bend a laser-printed page or use some low tack scotch tape to see what I mean. Inkjets just put droplets of ink on the paper surface, which remain extremely fragile: they do not penetrate glossy surfaces, and when in contact with oils or moisture from your hands, they will “bleed” profusely, making your cards look like garbage and, most likely, staining your fingers in the process.

Note that problem A above can be solved by using so-called giclée printers that utilize 8, 9 or even 11 different inks. But those printers are still inkjets, so you still have problem B.

So, unless you plan to make a souvenir deck for your grandma showing some pictures of her beloved cat, print your cards professionally. Cheers!

Reactions: CWhite

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I think it is standard to go through USPCC for most decks. Buying 1 or 2 decks will be quite expensive, but once you have gotten the deck printed and ironed out the design kinks, that is when you start marketing the deck and start a crowdfunding campaign. Once the deck is funded you can purchase bulk amounts with little front investment because your kickstarter backers will pay for the printing process for you.

Jul 1, 2017
Send your deck design to USPCC and they will print it for you. The quality will be about the same as bikes. Once you make a couple create a kickstarted page and get funding for 1-5k which will let you control the quality of the cards a bit more.
How would I go about doing this?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
The beauty of running a kickstarter campaign is if the deck doesn’t Get funded then you just return the money to your backers and then you are not put anything (except maybe your time and the obey you put into prototype decks.) this is better than purchasing a bunch of decks with your own money then hoping to sell and being stuck with product.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results