Help me. Please with Tarantula 2

Nov 1, 2017
New Jersey
I just got tarantula 2 and im not sure if i need to buy the thread and wax or if if was sposed to come with it and I did not get it. Please help me i need to get it by next week because I have a preformence next week and I would love to do it

I just got tarantula 2 and im not sure if i need to buy the thread and wax or if if was sposed to come with it and I did not get it. Please help me i need to get it by next week because I have a preformence next week and I would love to do it
This is just my opinion but don't put magic you haven't been working with for a while in a performance. I've learned the hard way, it's just not a wise thing to do, especially working with IT.

The thread and wax was supposed to come with T2. Is there not a ball of wax at the slit of the gimmick? Also, the thread should be just below the button on the gimmick. PM me a picture if you can.

trapeze

Elite Member
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Maybe watch the vid that can be unlocked with the gimmick? The unlock code comes with the device.

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
This is just my opinion but don't put magic you haven't been working with for a while in a performance. I've learned the hard way, it's just not a wise thing to do, especially working with IT.

The thread and wax was supposed to come with T2. Is there not a ball of wax at the slit of the gimmick? Also, the thread should be just below the button on the gimmick. PM me a picture if you can.

I cannot +1 this enough

If you have no exp w IT. Don’t try to play w t until you’ve practiced.

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
I bought the Tarantula 2 about a month ago and I strongly recommend buying some extra thread and wax. Your thread WILL break while practicing and by rethreading it, your wax will become full of filament and lose some of it's concealability and stickiness.

An unfortunate fault of the previous incarnation also

Nov 1, 2017
New Jersey
I bought the Tarantula 2 about a month ago and I strongly recommend buying some extra thread and wax. Your thread WILL break while practicing and by rethreading it, your wax will become full of filament and lose some of it's concealability and stickiness.
Thsnk you I have done this

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
The “Soul Tech” the T2 boasts is - from what I’ve read - the same as the SPP = constant tensioning system.

This has a few drawbacks as far as I’m concerned compared to the switch in T1.

Also - the battery is fixed but although rechargeable - means the battery will degrade through constant powering faster and because its fixed hurts the device more.

Disc batteries cost minimal so replacing w a new battery is no big deal so I think this new feature is a negative also

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results