Bone's Card Change?

Sep 12, 2007
bone preformed a card change on his promosional video on tally-ho viper deck..can anyone tell me what's the name of that change?

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I've seen a few guys trying to duplicate that move.

I think it's a reverse snap change. The technique is the same, but the way you execute the move is totally different. I'll experiment with a few different handlings and get back to you guys.

//David.Misner::

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
Wrongo. You guys are slightly over thinking this.

Let's Just say it is primarily a "camera only" change. No camera trick though.

PM me if you really want to know.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Wrongo. You guys are slightly over thinking this.

Let's Just say it is primarily a "camera only" change. No camera trick though.

PM me if you really want to know.

He doesn't throw it, if that's what you mean. Well, to my knowledge he wouldn't have to, as it is possible to do that without throwing the card.

I also trust Bone, and respect him as an artist, so I wouldn't go so low as to say he throws the card.

Feel free to prove me wrong!

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
He doesn't throw it, if that's what you mean. Well, to my knowledge he wouldn't have to, as it is possible to do that without throwing the card.

I also trust Bone, and respect him as an artist, so I wouldn't go so low as to say he throws the card.

I don't get how that is low...

I have the utmost respect for Bone. However, I seriously doubt he was trying to fool anyone by throwing the card off cam. It was more to showing a transition from normal tallys to the viper ones.

-Daren, The Virts

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.

What is low about it?
He never said "Oh the next great card change is this"
He did it because it looks great on camera
Simple as that. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Dec 14, 2007
UK
That gets into the pretty interesting discussion of when does it become acceptable to use 'camera tricks', or at least tricks like throwing cards, in magic vids.
You could argue that throwing cards (or whatever) makes for better viewing, but obviously not better magic skill. But then... we all know that a brilliantly edited magic video makes for much nicer viewing than something shot on a camera phone - is that an unfair advantage? Hmm. *Goes away and thinks*
*Loads Final Cut Pro to edit to death a flourishes vid*

Sep 1, 2007
it's better to have a camera angle like in real life. it sux whn stuff (like the deck) goes off screen in a magic trick video, because its like "well now i no longer believe its magic". but whatever if it looks cool might as well throw it in, it's not lik he's selling th color change on a $30 dvd from ellusionist

Sep 2, 2007
London
If you lap something to make it disappear or to perform a change, is that acceptable? All you're doing with lapping is basically hiding something under a table, i.e., using your performance environment and the way it limits your audience's sight-line to help with the effect. Isn't throwing a card off camera exactly the same thing?

Sep 1, 2007
yeah but lapping you can do in real life in a "live" performing situation. you can't do that with camera tricks. unless you're cris angel'd out, and have stooges, and then what's the point anyways...

Jan 23, 2008
Leeds, UK
Bone's Change

All wrong...
Daniel Madison came up with the change back in the Cheaters Cheater days and posted it at the site, Bone wold then use it a few years later after learning the change from DM. It's called SCREEN, for the obvious reasons that you can only do it on screen, and if that doesn't explain the method then i don't know what wll!!!

Nov 6, 2007
All wrong...
Daniel Madison came up with the change back in the Cheaters Cheater days and posted it at the site, Bone wold then use it a few years later after learning the change from DM. It's called SCREEN, for the obvious reasons that you can only do it on screen, and if that doesn't explain the method then i don't know what wll!!!

Why is everything linked to Daniel Madison?

I'm sure anyone could have came up with this just for kicks.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
Why is everything linked to Daniel Madison?

Because Daniel Madison is secretly a senior agent of the Illuminati who hypnotises the public with his flourishes into thinking secret patterns which will align the stars properly to permit the return of the Great Old Ones to this reality.

Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Ph-nglui mglw'naph Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fthagn!

Oh friend and companion of night, thou who rejoicest in the baying of dogs and spilt blood, who wanderest in the midst of shades among the tombs...

Just kidding. Daniel Madison is just popular, so more people know about him.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results