Confession of magicians

Nov 25, 2014
Fascinated with E. Marlow and his writings, I borrowed Revolutionary Card tech from a friend and could tell he hadn't read it. Anyway, the book is just too much. At some point I thought Jesus Ed, get a life! Did he ever do anything else?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Ed, get a life! Did he ever do anything else?

There is a great description of Marlo in the forward to Arcade Dreams which answers your question with a resounding "No."

I’ve bought about $400 worth of magic in the past six months but mainly from open boxes on Penguin or cheap Dover paperbacks. It looks bad to my girlfriend, but I think I only spent about $150... (too scared to check, mind)

I stopped keeping track several thousands of dollars ago....

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I watched a YouTube reveal... once.

I really want to saw my wife in half.

I own more books than I can read in my lifetime but I want to buy more.

I lie to my audiences... a lot.

I like using a change bag with a handle that looks like it came from a magic shop.

I have boxes of magic effects that I will never perform.

I find most card tricks boring.

I bought a sponge ding dong trick because it was on sale.

Most of my performance material is nearly self working.

I have a hard time finding performance effects that aren’t developed by Jim Steinmeyer.

I purposefully pick attractive people in the audience to assist me.

My family says that I negatively critique every magic show I see. But I’ve seen at least two shows that I didn’t negatively critique.

I perform magic tricks for my dog.

I’ve performed the baffling bra trick for my in-laws.

I own 75 3D sponge bunnies.

I have 20 magic routines that are in the process of being developed and have been for at least two years.
OH.....Man...this list had me laughing out loud at work. Baaaaa haaaaa!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Just a few for now

While driving to my first professional gig I was hired for, I dressed up in a suit, had sun glasses on, acting cool,got lost (pre GPS on phones) and arrived 30 minutes late into the strolling cocktail party for doctors. Talk about learning humility....

First Birthday party show I did outside I literally had cards flying across the front yard of the client's house and had to run around chasing them as they laughed :)

I like many of you have made purchases that will sit in boxes forever and never see the light of day....

I have had money shoved down my dress shirt and asked to stay later at a gig....yikes ha

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I have never and never do I intend to perform an ambitious card routine.

I've paid for various decks of cards to go to therapy to figure out why they weren't ambitious.

I have had money shoved down my dress shirt and asked to stay later at a gig....yikes ha

Well, at least they weren't putting the dollar bills.... nevermind. Maybe there is a use for that trick I bought on sale.

Dec 29, 2017
I've been training (well... trying to...) my golden retriever to secretly snatch cards that are dropped and gently hold/release them after wandering away for a card to dog transpo. I don't know why really. Here is a picture I snapped after she successfully did the reveal after doing a corner tear trick for matching purposes. It may serve a purpose in the future but I doubt it.

32332431_10210343402598832_1308245225885401088_n.jpg

Reactions: 010rusty and ZackF

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I've been training (well... trying to...) my golden retriever to secretly snatch cards that are dropped and gently hold/release them after wandering away for a card to dog transpo. I don't know why really. Here is a picture I snapped after she successfully did the reveal after doing a corner tear trick for matching purposes. It may serve a purpose in the future but I doubt it.

I've trained my dog to find a spectator's selected card after it has been returned into a deck and the deck shuffled.

The only problem is that she would rather keep the card than reveal that she found the spectator's card.

JeffH7

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2017
I constantly carry a deck of cards on me and some other effects for maybe one day I'll be brave enough to actually perform for a stranger.

I do not practice nearly as much as I should, and what I do practice- I'm fairly certain isn't correct or proper.

Woah boy! Does that feel good!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results