• Magic

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Both

Votes: 43 62.3%

• Total voters
Oct 6, 2007
Just a poll, who does what.

If you only do one....Why is that?

And for those that do both, which do you focus on, and again, why?

Nov 17, 2007
I do both. But is depends on what I have a fever for. Sometimes if I watch a really good magic trick, it inspires me to practice and perfect my sleights. And same with flourishing. So I rock back and forth between the two.

Dec 2, 2007
magic is an art..
flourishing is a great tool to present the art of magic..

I disagree, flourishing is just as much an art as magic is but in a differant way. Instead of impressing people with how well you can subtly manipulate cards, as in magic, you instead make the manipulation take center stage. Both require skill and practice and are aesthetically pleasing.

Sep 1, 2007
USA
I disagree, flourishing is just as much an art as magic is but in a differant way. Instead of impressing people with how well you can subtly manipulate cards, as in magic, you instead make the manipulation take center stage. Both require skill and practice and are aesthetically pleasing.

I completely agree with you.

I do both but mostly flourishing.

I don't do tricks that much except for when I'm flourishing and all my friends come by and are like "i wanna see a trick."

and also with magic tricks, there's something that you can figure out... with flourishing, its just entertainment that takes a whole lot of skill to do

Magic, Magic, Magic, Magic, Magic, Mushroom Mushroom...I digress

For me, magic is my calling; always has been always will. I wake up to double lifts, eat a breakfast of knowledge of John Steranko, exercise to the beat of the classic pass, relax to the calming sounds of David Harkey, etc....

Never been much of a flourisher though. I have the two Brian Tutor DVDs from which I learned 2 one-handed cuts, the thumb fan, and the one handed fan. That's it.

I really wanna see what comes out of all these fourishers though...their chops have to be pretty badass and if they get into magic....us magicians have to watch out.

~David Rysin

I can't get magic out of my head so that is what I am doing most of the time. But I do enjoy flourishing, juggling, knife throwing, etc.

I like to interact with my audience, and magic naturally lends itself to strong audience interaction.

Oct 24, 2007
Fatal Ace sounds just like me.

I watch some trick or something, I'm on a magic streak where I just practice magic and do tricks. Then I see some awesome flourishing video and practice flourishing. I do perform magic more often then flourishing because I'm more well known for my magic so people ask me to perform magic more.

Tyler

Oct 6, 2007
Magic, Magic, Magic, Magic, Magic, Mushroom Mushroom...I digress

For me, magic is my calling; always has been always will. I wake up to double lifts, eat a breakfast of knowledge of John Steranko, exercise to the beat of the classic pass, relax to the calming sounds of David Harkey, etc....

I really wanna see what comes out of all these fourishers though...their chops have to be pretty badass and if they get into magic....us magicians have to watch out.

~David Rysin

I dont know why, but that made me LOL! HAHA

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I do like 80% magic, because it's magical, but flourishing can sometimes be fun too, but I don't put as much time into it thats why I am not that great, although I am pretty darn good at Molecule 4 cut

Sep 1, 2007
Magic.

I practise with a deck of cards to perform magic. Layman couldn't give ****e about flourishes and same goes for me :p

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
i prefer magic because i love to perform and i want to get better at it. But oh man flourishes are amazing so i do some of that too.

Sep 1, 2007
I disagree I feel laymen enjoy flourishes alot but I think they tend to enjoy the interaction they have with magic.
Happy Holidays,
Michael

I dont know. Do you really think someone (non-cardician) could be interested how you can spin a deck of cards in your hands and build a train with it ..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results