Bought the Venom ITR, wondering where else I can find effects that can be performed with the gimmick

Jul 28, 2018
Hey guys, I'm a long time browser of the forum but just created an account to ask this question.

As the title says, I recently bought the venom ITR, and am loving it so far. I am very new to ITR but am finding this ITR fairly intuitive to pick up and start performing. However, I am looking to expand my catalogue of tricks with the device, and I don't really know where to start.

I am very interested in some of the effects in the tarantula trailer, specifically the (lifesaver?) candy to mouth levitation, and am wondering if this is possible with the venom? I am also very interested in the effect involving the ring landing on the spectators finger.

Just looking for some clarification and/or suggestions before I purchase something that isn't necessarily compatible with the device.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: RickU

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
No

The hookup and the device don’t really allow for the ring/lifesaver Levitation you’re after

You need a Fearson hookup

Source: own a Tarantula and bought a Venom

Reactions: Keo_M
Jul 28, 2018
No

The hookup and the device don’t really allow for the ring/lifesaver Levitation you’re after

You need a Fearson hookup

Source: own a Tarantula and bought a Venom
Hey thanks for the reply man. Do you prefer the tarantula or the venom?

Reactions: RickU

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hey thanks for the reply man. Do you prefer the tarantula or the venom?

They each have their respective strengths

Personally I think the Venom is better because the hookup actually relies on the devices to function whereas the T is reliant on the hookup if you understand my meaning

Basically you can perform the T effects WITHOUT the device - Steve Fearson was already doing many of the effects Mesika does without a device

Reactions: Keo_M
Mar 31, 2017
Cibolo
I think it was Losander who said at a lecture that the key to a levitation effect is to have the object move with the performer staying stationary. Yes Fearson's Levitation hookup is pretty sweet, but it definitely is enhanced with a little mechanical intervention; ie hands stay in one spot while the object floats to the mouth.

PS

Only familiar with the Tarantula and not Venom.

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
I’m going to re evaluate what I said earlier about not being able to perform the Hover Ring and the Lifesaver

After purchasing the Venom - although I haven’t tried it yet...I believe the hookup can be performed with an adjusted single Venom

Dec 2, 2017
I’m going to re evaluate what I said earlier about not being able to perform the Hover Ring and the Lifesaver

After purchasing the Venom - although I haven’t tried it yet...I believe the hookup can be performed with an adjusted single Venom

But the thread can’t lock though

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results