Saturday Night Contest - Set a Record!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! It has been quite a while since we have done one of these types of contests, so we feel it would be fun to bring it back this week and see who all takes on the challenge. We want you to set a record.

The challenge tonight is to set a record. You have 60 seconds to execute any sleight, move, effect, or trick as many times as possible. You could attempt a record by performing the most Charlier cuts in 60 seconds, the most unique color changes in 60 seconds, the most Sybil's, the most Bullets, the most coin vanishes, or anything else you can imagine in magic or cardistry.

Film your entry, upload it to either Instagram, YouTube, or Vimeo, and post the link in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, August 18th. Practice well before filming to make sure your entry is as polished as possible!

Entries will be judged overall based on how impressive your demonstration is. This means that the demonstration itself matters - but creativity and execution counts, too. So aim high and WOW our judges. Results will be posted on Monday after the deadline.

What can you take home if you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points, a deck of Black NOCs, a Provision Shirt, and 6 Decks of ANY of our playing cards that are currently in stock, shipped on the house anywhere in the world. The prize pool is big, so get to it!

Good luck!

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
There was one website that had these type of records video back in the days. Anyone old member remembers what the address was? It might come handy to look at wat crazy records exist

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

S_Darth

Elite Member
Jan 20, 2013
India

13 Squeeze Cuts (by Daren Yeow) under 60 seconds.

And as you can see in the video with the Clock Timer on, as I was midway the 14th Squeeze Cut, the clock went pass 1 minute so I had to wrap it up.

Please Read the Video description too. Thanks & Good Luck!

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
Here is my entry
12 DPS in less than a minute,
(actually more like 13ish)

I obviously could have done one more before the timer is finished, but I lost track of time and I wanted to do only spades.

PLUS I didn’t want to try again because I think I did pretty decent job on this take (as in not flashing much)

Anyway please enjoy it and good luck for everyone.

Feb 25, 2018
Here’s my entry it is the side steal and I did 11 of them or 12 if you count the last one.
slight: Side Steal

I just learned this so it was hard trying to get it smooth and yet still be fast.

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
My sleight is the turnover pass. If you count the last one there are 34.
(I accidentally gave incorrect information in the video. The world record I was thinking of was for the packet turnover, not the turnover pass.
As far as I know there is no current world records or the turnover pass, So I technically broke it!!!)

Nov 1, 2016
Faro Shuffles can be hard, especially with bad cards. But how hard is it.....

UNDERWATER?!?
Enjoy guys!! And good luck! All your entries look great!

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Over 20 card houses "built" in under a minute. Who needs 60 seconds when you can do it in 5. I love how creative we were allowed to be with this one. Thanks for considering my entry.

severed22

Elite Member
Jul 28, 2018
Ok, I managed to get this together last minute. Classic pass.

I counted 10. I tried to keep them neat and obvious without flashing. I didn't want to go for the super fast but continuous and ugly version.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results