Dec 3, 2018
Hello everyone,
I just got a 100€ gift code for the T11 website and wanted to buy double cross. The problem is that I live in Italy and thus I'm not sure if I have to pay the custom charges for the shipment to Italy.
Is there anyone from Italy or another part of the EU who can tell me if the customs will be charged?
Thanks in advance!

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hello everyone,
I just got a 100€ gift code for the T11 website and wanted to buy double cross. The problem is that I live in Italy and thus I'm not sure if I have to pay the custom charges for the shipment to Italy.
Is there anyone from Italy or another part of the EU who can tell me if the customs will be charged?
Thanks in advance!

Short answer - Yes, Italian Customs CAN charge you duty, VAT, or other taxes.

Longer answer - Maybe. Usually (but not always) packages with low values will make it through without being charged any fees. That said, if your package is high value, it is almost guaranteed that you will be charged customs fees. We don't have specific information about any specific country, so check with your local customs office to find out more about the fees for your location. Fees are NOT collected by theory11 - they are collected by your country's customs office.

I hope this helps!

// L

Reactions: Jojo!

Upham

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2017
I order from outside of the EU (Belgium) and never had to pay taxes, import fees, VAT,... Except for some small value stuff (approx 20 to 100 EUR). There are things that I ordered with a higher value (100 EUR to 450 EUR) that were delivered without paying extra.
If they charge your package its most likely that you get charged an additional 20%.
The only way to avoid this is to have a reference that the package is a gift.

In reality it all depends on how understaffed they are. If they're understaffed the chance that it will be checked is quite low.. And I'm willing to bet that they're understaffed.

On a side note, I never had to pay for packages from Theory11 ;-)

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Jojo!
Dec 3, 2018
I order from outside of the EU (Belgium) and never had to pay taxes, import fees, VAT,... Except for some small value stuff (approx 20 to 100 EUR). There are things that I ordered with a higher value (100 EUR to 450 EUR) that were delivered without paying extra.
If they charge your package its most likely that you get charged an additional 20%.
The only way to avoid this is to have a reference that the package is a gift.

In reality it all depends on how understaffed they are. If they're understaffed the chance that it will be checked is quite low.. And I'm willing to bet that they're understaffed.

On a side note, I never had to pay for packages from Theory11 ;-)

Hope this helps!
Thanks! I guess I‘ll try ordering and just hope for the best.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results