Effects where you make gimmicks

Dec 5, 2019
I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for gimmicked effects that give you the instructions to create the gimmick.

Examples of stuff like this that I'm interested in are Daniel Madison's Advocate and Melt by Matthew Johnson.

Being able to reproduce the gimmick if it breaks rather than buying another one is why I'm asking. Thanks!

Nov 3, 2018
I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for gimmicked effects that give you the instructions to create the gimmick.

Examples of stuff like this that I'm interested in are Daniel Madison's Advocate and Melt by Matthew Johnson.

Being able to reproduce the gimmick if it breaks rather than buying another one is why I'm asking. Thanks!
The description of Advocate is published in DM's How to Cheat at Poker. Probably elsewhere as well, but I didn't check. You should check his website.

Dec 5, 2019
The description of Advocate is published in DM's How to Cheat at Poker. Probably elsewhere as well, but I didn't check. You should check his website.

I meant that already have these effects, and I'm looking for effects like Melt or Advocate in which there are instructions to make the gimmick. I was just using these two effects that I already have as examples of ones that would fit my interest. I probably didn't word the question as clearly as I should have, sorry.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
I don't have many make your own gimmick tricks but I do like Robert Ramierz's McDonald's Aces.

In one of Shin Lim's lectures he spends a fair amount of time explaining how he makes some of his gimmicks: At the Table Live Lecture - Shin Lim 8/20/2014

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
A lot of Sansminds effects are DIY or have instructions to make the gimmick if it malfunctions.

Nurul

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2013
Birmingham, UK
Anything by Mathieu Bich, especially his earlier stuff.

If you know how to split cards, then that opens the door for so many gimmicks you can create. If you don't know how to split cards then I would highly recommend Split Sessions by Blake Vogt or The Art of Card Splitting With Martini.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results