Saturday Night Contest - Chinese New Year!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Aug 6, 2017
Congrats Josh! We have chosen your submission as the winner of this week's contest. Congrats! Please contact our support team and we can get your prize out to you ASAP! We felt that your entry showcased the criteria the best overall, and completely worthy of the prize.

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

That yellow background looks like edited in, doesnt it? Is that allowed? But else cool pic

Reactions: Gosh_Josh

Gosh_Josh

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Indiana
Congrats Josh! We have chosen your submission as the winner of this week's contest. Congrats! Please contact our support team and we can get your prize out to you ASAP! We felt that your entry showcased the criteria the best overall, and completely worthy of the prize.

See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Thank you a ton! It's quite an honor!

Gosh_Josh

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Indiana
That yellow background looks like edited in, doesnt it? Is that allowed? But else cool pic

I definitely see what you mean, especially with how my subject's arm seems to pop out from the background, but it's actually just a yellow roll of gift wrap I got from the dollar store. It took me quite a while to find the right type of angle and use of impromptu lighting.

Aug 6, 2017
I definitely see what you mean, especially with how my subject's arm seems to pop out from the background, but it's actually just a yellow roll of gift wrap I got from the dollar store. It took me quite a while to find the right type of angle and use of impromptu lighting.

There are more things that look suspicous to me, like the shadows (weird placement and various directions). I think @Casey Rudd may solve this by asking you for proofs privately (if he takes this matter seriously)

Dont get me wrong. I am trying to keep these contest as fair as possible from my perspective.

rob_tabris

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2011
Wow, that is an awesome picture! What camera did you use? And what lens let you get so close with so much detail?
Hey, thank you!
My answer gonna disappoint you, probably, but it is just a cell phone camera (Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, a little old model) without any lens added...
Sometimes, when the light allows it, you can get a lot of texture and the focus relatively close of the object, but at the end, it maybe was a lucky shoot...

Gosh_Josh

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Indiana
There are more things that look suspicous to me, like the shadows (weird placement and various directions). I think @Casey Rudd may solve this by asking you for proofs privately (if he takes this matter seriously)

Dont get me wrong. I am trying to keep these contest as fair as possible from my perspective.
Ah yea. Aside from having a ceiling light on, I also had a small lamp on at the other side of the room and was also holding a desk lamp with my other hand while taking the picture. I just improvised with added light considering I took the picture at around 9 pm in my not-so-well-lit room. Lol

I understand and respect your concern though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results