Dana Hocking Music Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2011
Hey guys,

As all of us know, Dana Hocking helped to establish Theory 11 and also wrote the music for most of the sites early videos. I have recently purchased his albums, and I was wondering ( and if Dana himself could chime in that would be nice)
Can I use this music in my videos on YouTube, without having to worry about copyright issues, or fear of my videos being taken down?

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Well if you're looking at becoming a youtube partner(that's where you get paid for your videos), no it won't work. I know for a fact that dana hocking said not to use his music for commercial use. And since you would be getting paid for your videos, that would fall under that category.
Now if you just want to upload the video without the intention of getting partner and you just dont want to get into the copyright problem with getting your video taken down, then yeah you could do that and you wouldnt get in trouble at all.

I hope this answered you question. =)

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Can we use it in our submission on the wire?
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that goes into the commercial category. Basically, if you're making money off of ANY music owned by someone else, it's a bad thing.

If you just put up a video to just have the video and you're not getting money for it, you should be good.

Aug 28, 2013
Important question, I'm creating my new Stand Up Professional show,
CAN I USE SOME DANA HOCKING'S MUSIC FOR MY PROFESIONAL SHOW?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Important question, I'm creating my new Stand Up Professional show,
CAN I USE SOME DANA HOCKING'S MUSIC FOR MY PROFESIONAL SHOW?

You would have to ask Dana Hocking for permission to use his music, and would likely have to pay him for the right to do so.

This thread has been inactive for more than eight years. Please don't bump old threads. If you have a question, feel free to start a new thread to ask.

Thanks!

// L

Reactions: Adrian Garcia
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results