Effects that can be done on FaceTime?

Apr 21, 2020
I am new to this sub and not sure if this is against the rules so please delete if so.

Being stuck inside, like the majority of us, I was curious if anyone has any good recommendations for effects that can be performed via FaceTime (or similar). The effect David Blaine does, ACAAN, is this a known effect? I'm certain the video was edited but just curious. This is a good example. Had it played out exactly that way, that is really powerful. Yea so any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 25, 2018
Hi Lorenzo,

when you say FaceTime tricks, do you mean tricks that would look good over FaceTime? If so, I haven’t used this effect yet, but I heard that Quantum looks great on camera.

Dec 22, 2019
I am new to this sub and not sure if this is against the rules so please delete if so.

Being stuck inside, like the majority of us, I was curious if anyone has any good recommendations for effects that can be performed via FaceTime (or similar). The effect David Blaine does, ACAAN, is this a known effect? I'm certain the video was edited but just curious. This is a good example. Had it played out exactly that way, that is really powerful. Yea so any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
Literally any trick that doesn’t rely on strong misdirection could work. Also, this is an opportunity to try some effects that look better in camera because of some angle sensitivity.

MickaelD

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2019
An equivoque 52-1 card selection
Anything with the raven
The classic pick 1 card oit of the 5 here, you remove 1 card and its theirs no matter what card they thought of
Banacheks psychological forces
Water to oil and make them choose wich pile wich goes in

Anything visual that dosent require the spectator to pick or handle cards/objects in their hands.

Mar 15, 2018
boardgamegeek.com
There's some good suggestions for this over on the Magic Cafe in this thread: Tricks that can be performed remotely.

Jay Sankey teaches a particularly good one here, although it will require you to send a deck to your spectator in the mail or in advance:

But it's a fine example of how a self-working trick can become a real miracle with good presentation and a careful build-up. I especially appreciate Sankey's cleverness in disguising the method. The spectator is asked to try to guess a card, as an apparent demonstration of how difficult the magician's feat will be, but in fact this is key to successfully performing the trick. So not only does the method become part of the presentation, but it even strengthens it. Ingenious!

Sep 25, 2023
There's some good suggestions for this over on the Magic Cafe in this thread: Tricks that can be performed remotely.

Jay Sankey teaches a particularly good one here, although it will require you to send a deck to your spectator in the mail or in advance:

But it's a fine example of how a self-working trick can become a real miracle with good presentation and a careful build-up. I especially appreciate Sankey's cleverness in disguising the method. The spectator is asked to try to guess a card, as an apparent demonstration of how difficult the magician's feat will be facetime filters before call, but in fact this is key to successfully performing the trick. So not only does the method become part of the presentation, but it even strengthens it. Ingenious!
Hey, Anybody know a good way to get a live webcam from an iphone into Isadora? I've searched through apps, and I've search the forums for "facetime." Right now I'm looking at having Facetime run in the background, then switching from ISadora to facetime just when I need it to happen. Its ugly, there's a little window in the bottom left with my own face / camera on it, and there's all kinds of facetime gak on the screen I don't like. Would love a better solution - but facetime is amazing for realtime live video feed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results