Saturday Night Contest - 13 Years!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
13 YEARS ago earlier this week on Monday, theory11 launched - but that was only the *start* of this adventure. Over the 4,745 days that followed, inspired by your support, we haven’t looked back. We’ve produced hundreds of playing card designs - with our heroes… and some superheroes. We’ve produced countless original magic tricks, to empower this community to better create magical moments of your own. We’ve made magic shows - with Dan White, Justin Willman, Blake Vogt, Franco Pascali, and more - each one intimate and exclusive, but together selling enough tickets to fill Madison Square Garden 7 times. We’ve built clean-water wells in developing countries with charity: water. And together with RED, we’ve donated enough funds to provide life-saving HIV medication to 500 people for a full year. Together as a community, we’ve *changed* lives - with support from an incredible team of creators, designers, developers, producers, printers, and dreamers that started one day in August, and never stopped since. Cheers to 13 more years of magic!

To help celebrate our 13th birthday, we want you all to tell us when you joined/found theory11, and let us know your absolute favorite release of ours since! It can be a deck, a piece of gear, a magic trick, a utility device, a shirt, etc. Post your entry in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, September 6th.

Once time is up we will select 1 random winner to receive 1,000 Elite Member Points and a Variety Box (12 decks), shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

We couldn't have gotten to this point without all of your support, and we will be eternally grateful. Thank you to absolutely everyone who has made this journey possible and for making this community the best in the world!

Gabearoov

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2020
Nocona, Texas
I joined Theory 11 last year shortly after the first set of Star Wars decks came out. Before that I was unaware of how gorgeous alot of these decks are, and at that moment I got hooked on collecting them. And then I saw the pyramid puzzle box and I've wanted to find that for the past year. I'm not a big Facebook fan but I must thank them for sending me a random ad showing the Star Wars decks.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Aug 29, 2020
I've discovered Theory 11 by buying your Artisan Deck on amazon.. And then I've bought the high Victorian in a Shop in my hometown and I absolutely love it !!

Dec 7, 2017
I Joined on December 7, 2017 & I think my favourite product has been the artisan line of decks.

I found theory 11 through watching Brian Brushwood’s videos & saw that he was using a custom theory 11 deck & the rest as they say is history.

Djordje

Elite Member
Dec 3, 2012
I joined back in 2012 around the time when Rebels were released. Few months after that the Artisans were released and that's when I made my first order, I got both of those decks and to this day the Rebels are my favorite deck of playing cards and my favorite theory11 release :D

Amit R.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
I joined Theory 11 back in 2012 after doing a deep dive into how different playing cards and brands can be by card weight and finish, etc...

Theory 11 was one of the few reputable online companies specializing in magic and playing cards at that time. What started as me buying a new deck and a few magic tricks has led to going further down into the rabbit hole.

While I’m a huge fan of the art work on the SNL decks and Star Wars decks, my favourite release is the Charity: Water deck. I love how the water canteen is incorporated into the back design and I loved that 100% of the proceeds went to the charity.

Keep those releases coming :)

May 30, 2020
I learned about Theory 11 a year ago when I saw the Monarchs on article about the Now You See Me movies. I had to get a deck as soon as I could. Its hard to pick a favorite, but I really like my Gold Edition Artisans. I was able to get a deck at my local target. It took about 7 or 8 trips before I got it. One of my favorite things about Theory 11 is the great photos of the decks! Whoever takes the photos does an incredible job. They are wonderfully done!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I joined T11 back in April 26, 2013.... I have given and received helped along the way . These past 7 years have been incredible. I have met a lot of people many of which I consider to be real magic buddies. Joining the Saturday Night Contests was fun as well. Come to think about it I don't even remember how I really came across this website... It's almost as if it was divinely presented to me and I just took it from there. I found my one true passion which is card magic, and refining my Up The Ladder Cuts. I became sick around 2008-2009 with a diagnoses of Schizophrenia. So hopping on and off the forums has been tremendous coping strategy for me..My absolute favorite release so far would have to be Jason England what to read video, it's very informative and best of all it's free. Thanks T11. :)

nsp_owner

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2017
I learned about Theory11 in 2017 - it was by coincidence really. I bought the Archangel Bicycle deck at a flea market because of it black design.
That deck led me to Theory 11, where it got me into card collection and magic. Fast forward 3 years and multiple decks, gear and tricks - T11 is still my go to source for custom decks. The back designs, the tuck cases are all amazing!
Love your works and will continue to support!

Regards
Nathan

zOxydrOp

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2017
First of all, congratulations Theory11!!
I joined T11 back in 2017. And since that day I have made it my goal to complete my collection with the different variants of my favourite release from you guys... Monarchs Playing Cards. And now, on T11 13th anniversary, I can say I'm very happy with the result.
Please continue the amazing work.
Cheers,
Rodrigo

EricR5

Elite Member
Jul 18, 2015
I joined in 2015, after seeing a P&T show and my kids getting into magic. My favorite release is Phantom by Spidey. A great one, used it a bunch since.

Congrats on the anniversary!

Aug 18, 2013
I been following Theory11 officially since 2013 and I can’t believe it’s been that long. My first Theory11 purchase was the Guardians, as that’s kinda a rite of passage for any new magician back in the 2010s. However, my favourite release has to be the Love Me deck, as this was the first one I saw out in the wild when I picked it up while visiting London. EverytimevI use it I’m taken back to that moment and the excitement of it all. The cards are beautiful too, but sometimes the story that goes with them can be just as beautiful. Happy Birthday Theory11, here’s to another 13 years.

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
I joined T11 in 2017..... I was back into magic for several years and was looking for more hobbyists or professionals to chat and learn with. I don’t know what took me so long! My favorite T11 release has been the NPH cards, I loved the puzzle!

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
I remember back when all the hints of what T11 was going to become was out.
The binary code that was still the at the end of official T11 videos, eveeryone was trying to figure what it meant.

It was a much simpler time that I miss, but great to see T11 still standing!
Here's to many more years.

Roger-Pierre

Elite Member
Jun 19, 2011
I joined in 2009! Had to have a t-shirt and some of those great decks! And now I was one of the first to jump at the streaming club, my go to magic site, and now app, for magic, not just at home, but especially on the road! Thanks for all the years of great magic, and fun!

Aug 4, 2020
Bayville, NJ
I only joined 3 months ago. Been a fan of magic for 46 years, and decided to pick it up as a new hobby. I bought 2 decks I thought looked cool and it turns out both were theory 11. The decks were Artisan Guild Black, and Bicycle Archangels. Since then I also got Monarchs. I am working on my magic journey though the Royal Road. My mind has been blown so many times and impressed with the quality of the Theory 11 card. Happy 13 years and many more!

candle7

Elite Member
Apr 20, 2016
I joined April 20, 2016, after seeing Dan White's show. My favourite download is the Criss Cross Force, with Blake Vogt because it is simple and brilliant.

Apr 18, 2020
I unknowingly joined the Theory 11 club in 2018 when I picked up a deck of High Victorians from Target. The tuck case design was so beautiful that I had to know more about T11's projects and I've been a fan ever since. Congratulations!!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results