T11 Deck Fact Sheet – Monarch Eleven Madison Park Edition

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Monarch Eleven Madison Park Edition playing cards were a single-printing limited-edition product not ever sold on theory11.com. These were printed specifically for Eleven Madison Park, a high end restaurant in New York City that was ranked #1 in the world in 2017, and is consistently ranked in the top 10 in the world. This deck is a custom variation based on Silver Monarch playing cards.

The EMP Monarchs were printed using the standard theory11 stock and finishes (the same as used on all our custom cards). These were all printed in one single run, and have no known variations. These decks feature a few notable characteristics that make them easily identifiable:

- White Paper tuck case with silver foil designs.
- 4 leafs on the upper right and lower left branches on the tuck case back (this was from before the change to 5 leafs)
- t11 Circle logo and barcode on the bottom flap of the tuck case
- Red and gold foil seal with tax-stamp edges (jagged edges)
- Black Ink design on white background on the playing card backs
- Does not have the newer thin borders
- Custom Ace of Spades and 2 custom (identical) Jokers
- Other faces standard, with the typical muted theory11 color scheme
- Partial custom artwork on the tuck case (EMP leaf logos, "Special Edition", "Made Exclusively for Eleven Madison Park".
- Full custom faces, featuring ingredients

The EMP Monarchs were commissioned as a part of a unique NYC-themed menu at EMP. The restaurant was tying their menu to various element of NYC culture and history. They wanted to feature the commonly-seen street con 3 Card Monte. Their servers were taught a trick that resulted in the diners selecting ingredients that were used in the next course. Diners were able to take home a deck after the meal. These were not otherwise sold, and as such are extremely rare.

Attached photos by Eleven Madison Park, Reddit user u/BastiS82

53869204_10155989686677256_3849176869228249088_o.jpg 10vvhrki6rf21.jpg

Last edited:

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Monarch Eleven Madison Park Edition playing cards were a single-printing limited-edition product not ever sold on theory11.com. These were printed specifically for Eleven Madison Park, a high end restaurant in New York City that was ranked #1 in the world in 2017, and is consistently ranked in the top 10 in the world. This deck is a custom variation based on Silver Monarch playing cards.

The EMP Monarchs were printed using the standard theory11 stock and finishes (the same as used on all our custom cards). These were all printed in one single run, and have nearly no variations. These decks feature a few notable characteristics that make them easily identifiable:

- 4 leafs on the upper right and lower left branches on the tuck case back (this was from before the change to 5 leafs)
- Partial custom artwork on the tuck case (EMP leaf logos, "Special Edition", "Made Exclusively for Eleven Madison Park".

The EMP Monarchs were commissioned as a part of a unique NYC-themed menu at EMP. The restaurant was tying their menu to various element of NYC culture and history. They wanted to feature the commonly-seen street con 3 Card Monte. Their servers were taught a trick that resulted in the diners selecting ingredients that were used in the next course. Diners were able to take home a deck after the meal. These were not otherwise sold, and as such are extremely rare.

View attachment 3813 View attachment 3814

Two recently popped up on EBay (I missed both)

My feeling was they popped up because of the show 7 Days Out on Netflix - one of the episodes was all about Eleven Madison’s refit and relaunch

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Two recently popped up on EBay (I missed both)

My feeling was they popped up because of the show 7 Days Out on Netflix - one of the episodes was all about Eleven Madison’s refit and relaunch

Possible. All it takes sometimes is a collector to be reminded that they have a specific rare deck for them to list it for auction. There has been a LOT of chatter the last few months about the EMP Monarchs, so that could be a result of the show as well.

// L

Reactions: RickU
Sep 14, 2016

The EMP Monarchs were printed using the standard theory11 stock and finishes (the same as used on all our custom cards). These were all printed in one single run, and have no known variations. These decks feature a few notable characteristics that make them easily identifiable:

View attachment 3813 View attachment 3814
Thanks for this Lyle! That picture is gorgeous too!

Jun 1, 2020
I have a pack from when I visited the restaurant. It is sealed but has some tiny damage to the box where it got pushed in ever so slightly. Wonder how this effects the value. Any thoughts?
10BA6AA6-6B36-4C5D-BEE4-56184B4E9DF8.jpeg
22B84FA3-2B85-4D8F-BA1D-23A96DCD5A68.jpeg
3DF045B7-8681-4FAE-BF82-C9C37EB0E6AB.jpeg
44CA30EB-E259-4CF5-94B7-55BC16F094C0.jpeg

Apr 6, 2020

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I just saw an open deck on eBay sell for $700. How much more would an unopened deck be worth?

It really depends. Sometimes not too much more. Just depends what people want to spend. That deck in particular has a lot of open ones in the wild, and people are just happy to get a deck so they are fine with an opened one. I'm surprised that sold for that much to be honest. I haven't seen them sell for that much before.

Sep 27, 2020
I'm kind of hoping that becomes a trend because I am pretty sure I have an unopened deck somewhere in my house... I went to EMP when they were doing the card trick and I got a deck as a gift.
DSC_4224.jpg

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results