Saturday Night Contest - Movie Poster!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Our latest release The Dark Knight Playing Cards uses the likeness of your favorite characters and are inspired directly by the iconic trilogy of films. The promotional material for the movie was stellar, including the movie posters. We love this type of contest, so let's get into it.

What's the challenge? Your objective is to make a movie poster by taking a dramatic shot featuring yourself (or another person) and any deck of your choice. It could be The Dark Knight, Avengers, your favorite deck, etc. All we ask is that you make your shot look like it's part of a promo for a movie! You can even put a plot synopsis in the description if you would like.

What is the judging criteria that we are looking for? Composition, lighting, and feel will play a factor in deciding the winner. We will also be looking for the setting of your shot. We do not want to see a shot with your bed and clothes in the background. Can you trigger emotion behind your shot? Pretend this image is being advertised for a movie. You want to make sure your picture grabs attention, and make sure it's memorable. Be creative as well, as all of this will be factored into the judging process.

Post the image to Instagram (or uploaded directly to forums in your response) using the hashtag #theory11 and in the description of the image, make up a name for a movie that goes with your image. It can be any movie name (even a name that exists already). You can also put this text on your image, but beware of using the wrong font type. A font can make or break your poster, so do this with caution (it is not necessary).

Once your image is posted to Instagram, post the link to it in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, November 27th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Points, and 6 Decks of The Dark Knight Playing Cards.

We look forward to seeing your movie posters!

nicolasmagia

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2014
Colombia
Hello guys! I´m not too good with Photoshop, but I really did my best. I hope you like it. The poster is inspired on the Nicolas Cage´s movie "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" (2010).

The Wizard: This movie tells the story of a young magician that discovers that he actually can do real magic. Now he has to find the way to control his powers and stop the Noir Wizard.

nicolasmagia

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2014
Colombia
Hello guys! I´m not too good with Photoshop, but I really did my best. I hope you like it. The poster is inspired on the Nicolas Cage´s movie "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" (2010).

The Wizard: This movie tells the story of a young magician that discovers that he actually can do real magic. Now he has to find the way to control his powers and stop the Noir Wizard.

This is the LINK for my entry: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cle596vLGRd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Attachments

• 9EFD0773-58B4-4769-8E4C-875222E5A3B4.jpeg
    9EFD0773-58B4-4769-8E4C-875222E5A3B4.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 80
  • D37E15C2-1293-4ED6-8F40-174EF846E76F.jpeg
    D37E15C2-1293-4ED6-8F40-174EF846E76F.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 79

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
View attachment 6163

Thought I'd have a go at doing a new poster for a movie from 2006. The deck was Leaf-backed Bicycles, which you can just make out in the sky.

Scott.
Congrats Scott! We've chosen your entry as the winner for this contest - we felt that of all the entries, this one really had that "movie poster" vibe you'd see outside of a theater. Great work! Please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

Reactions: Caleb the Magician
Sep 30, 2021
www.youtube.com
Congrats Scott! We've chosen your entry as the winner for this contest - we felt that of all the entries, this one really had that "movie poster" vibe you'd see outside of a theater. Great work! Please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

Congrats! but technically wasn’t his entry late and therefore doesn’t count? (Sorry just wondering)

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com

Congrats! but technically wasn’t his entry late and therefore doesn’t count? (Sorry just wondering)
It was submitted at 10:32pm on Sunday, before the 11pm deadline.

Reactions: JoshL8
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results