Who was that guy?

Feb 9, 2008
"Secrets of Street Magic Revealed", last night, showed the masked magician revealing several tricks.

Anyone recognize him? Had blonde hair with a beard, sharp features.

Fortunately it was opposite American Idol.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
when the show originally aired, the producers announced that the masked street magician was a no named "non famous" magician. That way, no one could pinpoint who it was. I'm sure a handful of people know the guy and know he was the mask magician. I've searched but came up with nothing. Anyone else?

EDIT: it was me

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
You know, it's less frustrating when they actually do it well even though they expose it afterwards.

What's worst is when the "magician" couldn't even perform the tricks well, but get all the attention just because he "teaches" the audience how the magic tricks work.

There's a so-called magician in Hong Kong who calls himself a cheating-expert. His name is Andy Kwok. All he does is exposing sleights on TV shows.

There was an episode where he teaches the audience how to shuffle 3 cards between each pair of aces, so that he can get all the aces while dealing.

And what did he do? He shuffle 3 cards between the aces in SLOW MOTION, saying that the audience can see better in that way. Nonetheless, during that whole show, he DID NOT perform this "amazing technique" in full speed.

He can't even do what he teaches!!!

THAT pissed me off the most!

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
cklam, I know who you're talking about and I totally agree with you. But what pisses me off now? That the original masked magician (Valentino) is HUGE in Japan. I he's not doing anything that's exposing but he IS using the mask as a crutch.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
cklam, I know who you're talking about and I totally agree with you. But what pisses me off now? That the original masked magician (Valentino) is HUGE in Japan. I he's not doing anything that's exposing but he IS using the mask as a crutch.

I'm going to quote myself just in case you guys misunderstood me.. I said the ORIGINAL masked magician.. not the masked street magician.. was Valentino.. what was the confusion?

Guys, chill out. It's not that big of a deal and he really isn't that bad of a guy. I can't believe some of you are saying you HATE him. How many times has a spectator ever interrupted your performance to say "I saw that on that Masked Magician t.v. special?" That show is what made me interested and I'm willing to bet that a lot of other magicians on here were also inspired by it.

Guys, chill out. It's not that big of a deal and he really isn't that bad of a guy. I can't believe some of you are saying you HATE him. How many times has a spectator ever interrupted your performance to say "I saw that on that Masked Magician t.v. special?" That show is what made me interested and I'm willing to bet that a lot of other magicians on here were also inspired by it.

Actually I've had quite a few people say that to me. "Hey I've seen that show on T.V. showing how you guy's do that stuff", usually they don't remember anything on there though.

Shane

Oct 6, 2007
You know, it's less frustrating when they actually do it well even though they expose it afterwards.

What's worst is when the "magician" couldn't even perform the tricks well, but get all the attention just because he "teaches" the audience how the magic tricks work.

There's a so-called magician in Hong Kong who calls himself a cheating-expert. His name is Andy Kwok. All he does is exposing sleights on TV shows.

There was an episode where he teaches the audience how to shuffle 3 cards between each pair of aces, so that he can get all the aces while dealing.

And what did he do? He shuffle 3 cards between the aces in SLOW MOTION, saying that the audience can see better in that way. Nonetheless, during that whole show, he DID NOT perform this "amazing technique" in full speed.

He can't even do what he teaches!!!

THAT pissed me off the most!

Totally agree. The worst is when people post tutorials/exposures without having the ability to even perofrm the effect themselves.

Frekkin' idiots. BUy a dvd and 5 minutes later, expose it. Good going!

Sep 2, 2007
The original, didn;t he only perform tricks/effects that were almost NEVER in use anymore? I saw part of an episode when I was a kid. they had an amazng convincer to the fullet cxatch. They shot some wood first.

I saw that show!!
I was about to post a new thread on this but searched the threads first. No i was not able to recognize him and i do hate that they are showing this. Fortunately, he shows only one way to do each trick when there are dozens of other ways to perform them

Now they're showing the original Masked Magician (Valentino) again!!
^ this show is way better because these tricks aren't used anymore (he inspired me to start performing magic)

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results