Are magicians geeks?

Jan 21, 2008
Vero Beach FL
People always think that magicians are smart and nerdy. So i just wanted to see what the true thing about magicians really is. So i want you to post what kind of grades you got in school mine were staigt As and i sometimes get Bs. So just post what you got in school below and we will really see if magicians are geeks

Oct 18, 2007
I'm a C student, mostly because all of my assignments are the result of last minute allnighters. If I applied myself and all that I could probably be an honour roll student.

Oct 6, 2007
Well I wouldn't say that magicians= geeeks....at ALL

This image is only given off if you portray yourself as one when you perform. If not, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I would say taht I'm a very good student- A-A*'s.

Nov 17, 2007
magicians being a nerd is just a huge misconception. people think we are nerds because in the old times magicians used to vanish eggs and stuff that made us look like little nerds. but if you were to do effects that make you look cooler than the laymens, they will look up to you. by the way, my grades suck big time. i always get about one B, four C, and couple Ds, not that im proud of it. you guys should always focus more on school work than magic. In my case its too late because im graduating soon but if you are a freshmens or sophomores, its not too late, so bring those grades up.

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
i think magicians are nerdy
especially non-card magicians
and flourishing is popular because it seems less nerdy
but it only seems that way

Sep 11, 2007
Houston TX
I guess i used to be a geek I had A's all the way up to 7th grade but like Blink said u discorver all the fun things, now im a Senior and im not graduating because I have such Horrible grades, oh and people judge other people by appeareance and actions so if you dress like a geek and act like a geek people will judge you like a geek so yeah hope that helps

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
The majority of my grades are As, with a few A minuses... it's been that way my whole life. However, I'd like to point out that, yes, I do love websites like www.thinkgeek.com, etc., but most people don't view me as a dork or geek. I have been called that from time to time, but for all purposes, no, I'm not a dork or geek.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I was a good kid until high school, then I kinda went bad. Lately, though, my grades have been slowly picking up.

Magicians, in a sense, are kinda nerdy. I mean, who else talks about designs of cards like we do?

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
What does good grades have to do with being Nerdy? I know plenty of people who in high school weren't nerds and got great grades adn I know people that were nerds and got horrible grades.

The two don't go hand in hand as many of you seem to think.

(I got decent grades and graduated)

That's very true. Take one look at me, and the last thing you'll think is nerdy.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I'm not a geek, I'm a loner.
It's kinda sad actually.
I'm in my senior year, and I'm still invisible.
I didn't go on my senior trip that was this weekend and I'm probably not going to my prom. I know I'll regret it, and I know I'll be missing out on my life, but what am I suppose to do?

Good grades doesn't make you a geek, trust me. I have seen geeky people that get bad grades.
I don't think you should care so much what everybody thinks of you. As long as you have your friends, it doesn't matter what other people think of you.

Live life to the fullest.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not a geek, I'm a loner.
It's kinda sad actually.
I'm in my senior year, and I'm still invisible.
I didn't go on my senior trip that was this weekend and I'm probably not going to my prom. I know I'll regret it, and I know I'll be missing out on my life, but what am I suppose to do?

I'm kinda the same, however I'm far from invisible. I'm a loner because I stand out like no tomorrow.

I play 3 different sports, and go out with my friends a fair bit. You'd never take me for the "nerdy" type. I'm in an incentive program at my school and I'm getting over a 90% average for all of my classes, but that doesn't make me a nerd, I don't classify myself as one at all.

-RA69

Nov 25, 2007
Surreality
this is the worst post ever. no body ever said magicians were nerds. i get like all A's, but am i a nerd, no. i am not a nerd or whatever. im just not a complete crack head faliure. dude if your a nerd then thats all fine and well by me but being a magician doesnt make you a nerd. call david blaine a nerd and see what happens. he'll probably stare at you to death.

im goin surfin, it's like what 90 degrees

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results