Celebracadabra

Dec 5, 2007
I dont really like the idea of this show, Becaus Ellusionist is sponsoring the show i can tell you that they will have commercials all over the place and try to get as many people on their sites as possible.

And most of the people that they will attract is just the kind of people that wants to be cool at the partys, like it says on E`s front page. "Learn mind blowing magic in hours" and "walk into any room and amaze! and so on.

And thats not what magic needs right now.

I know alot of people will say, "oh they cost money not everyone will buy them"

But the thing i dont really like is, Do you want people to know that you can get everything you do from a magic shop, that you just learnt it from a dvd and everyone can do it? I dont like the idea of that.
Then magic is not amazing anymore.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I dont really like the idea of this show, Becaus Ellusionist is sponsoring the show i can tell you that they will have commercials all over the place and try to get as many people on their sites as possible.

And most of the people that they will attract is just the kind of people that wants to be cool at the partys, like it says on E`s front page. "Learn mind blowing magic in hours" and "walk into any room and amaze! and so on.

And thats not what magic needs right now.

I know alot of people will say, "oh they cost money not everyone will buy them"

But the thing i dont really like is, Do you want people to know that you can get everything you do from a magic shop, that you just learnt it from a dvd and everyone can do it? I dont like the idea of that.
Then magic is not amazing anymore.

That's why I hate it. And E have even said that they're doing it for business, which is pathetic.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Hmmm...I dont know. Will people spend the money just to to learn the method or be cool at a party? I think I'll reserve judgment until I see the first episode. A lot will depend on the tone of the show and the direction they are trying to take it.

A lot of good magicians are performing today because they were inspired by David Copperfield or David Blaine on TV. I guess we will have to see how they present it.

Dec 5, 2007
Hmmm...I dont know. Will people spend the money just to to learn the method or be cool at a party? I think I'll reserve judgment until I see the first episode. A lot will depend on the tone of the show and the direction they are trying to take it.

A lot of good magicians are performing today because they were inspired by David Copperfield or David Blaine on TV. I guess we will have to see how they present it.

Some probably will.

But as i said they will be commercials on tv for magic tricks, that you can go to a site and buy things and learn to do THE SAME AMAZING CRISS ANGEL AND DAVID BLAINE and be just as cool as them, and probably in a hour too!

How cool and amazing is magic then? Not very amazing at all.

I dont want a reaction like this, "oh cool i saw that on commercial how did you do that"

I think that we will have to forget alot of old principles and start over becaus exposure is just growing and growing.

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Ummmmmm, I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be coming out on the 27th, not the 20th.

As far as exposure goes, they claim that no tricks will be exposed on the show. But what bothers me is if the show gets popular and then the tricks they perform we will no longer be able to perform because people would be like "Ohhhhh, I've seen this trick!"

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Well everything is not true i mean alot of tv performers do invisible decks and two card monty and of coarse the ambitious card but most people haven't seen it and of coarse E will try to sell there stuff its business you dont yell at kodak for selling cameras. Besides you guys sound like it will have millions of views VH1 is not exactley NBC. And look who they are advertising to Magicians! So dont be worried with this silly show Youtube is a much bigger problem.

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Everyone, I read this off my magic magazine. Its says that:

Celebracadabra, the highly anticipated VH-1 magic reality show [see MAGIC, March 2008], has pushed back its kick-off show until April 20. The show, which pairs up celebrities with magician-coaches to compete for $100,000 grand prize, will air 9 p.m. every Sunday through June 22, with the exception of June 1.

If I'm worng about tomorrow, sorry. I just bought the magazine and read about it and decided to share to everyone.

Dec 5, 2007
Well everything is not true i mean alot of tv performers do invisible decks and two card monty and of coarse the ambitious card but most people haven't seen it and of coarse E will try to sell there stuff its business you dont yell at kodak for selling cameras. Besides you guys sound like it will have millions of views VH1 is not exactley NBC. And look who they are advertising to Magicians! So dont be worried with this silly show Youtube is a much bigger problem.

How do you know how many viewers vh1 has? They have alot.

Also i would not say that E is advertising for magicians.

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
It's cool. I had read that too. The VH1 site still has the premiere listed for the 27 (with the pussycat dolls. roarrr. is it wrong that I'm more excited about that then the magic?)

Take this from an older performer who has survived "Magic Exposed", "How Do They Do That?", "The Masked Magician", and "Greatest Secrets of Magic Revealed", ... no one will remember in 6th months. No one watches VH1. No one cares about Hal Sparks. Some curious kids will buy "How To Do Street Magic" and realize that it actually does take practice to not look like a jack@$$, then quit.

My real fear is that we will see our "Magic Celebrities" right next to "Real Celebrities". If Rocco's personality is overshadowed by Carnie Wilson's than I'm gonna hang myself with a professor's nightmare.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
and of coarse E will try to sell there stuff its business you dont yell at kodak for selling cameras.
So you think that it is OK to sell magic tricks? It is just a product they are selling? I think that magic tricks shouldn't be just products.
That Kodak-comparison doesn't work. Cameras are the playing cards of photographers, not their performances.

And look who they are advertising to Magicians! So dont be worried with this silly show Youtube is a much bigger problem.

Ellusionist advertises to people who want to be cool.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
E doesn't seem to care though.. they're awaiting "the large amount of new members" they will most likely be recieving. It's all about teh monehz.

I know anyone who wants to learn magic should be allowed to, but I bet 95% of these new people are just doing it because that Pussycat Doll whore is doing it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results