Kryptonite - Hand size?

Hi,

looking through Nursery Rhymes 2 and I'm really having problems with Kryptonite.
Obviously I can't do it all smoothly yet but the part I'm having real trouble with is the last part, when you have to push the top packet ( which is on the bottom ) back up to the top.
It says to push down on the edge with my second and third fingers. I can't make them reach over that far.
Has anyone else had that problem?
Any tips or advice?
Thanks in advance,

3ofclubs93

Aug 31, 2007
UK
Do you have a visual learning aid? ie the system or the trilogy, it would make it alot easier.

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
i think kryptonite is definitely not restricted to hand sizes
the problem with the last packet
which part do you mean?
the bottom packet should slide along the index finger all the way to the top
the hardest part is getting the packet over the middle joint of the index finger
you accomplish this by pushing on the bottom right corner of the packet as much as you can with your pinky
so the the top left corner of it is raised sufficiently enough to clear the joint
at that point you just slide the packet in
i remember i was having problems clearing that joint as well
but it gets easier and easier with practice

this pull down motion is the same as in the cardini change
hot shot cut
topshot
pinky pull down
etc
its all pinky strength and flexibility
so if you practice all of those moves you are essentiall practicing kryptonite

Last edited by a moderator:

dananddave

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
Hollywood
www.dananddave.com
the bottom packet should slide along the index finger all the way to the top
the hardest part is getting the packet over the middle joint of the index finger
you accomplish this by pushing on the bottom right corner of the packet as much as you can with your pinky
so the the top left corner of it is raised sufficiently enough to clear the joint
at that point you just slide the packet in

Very well put.

NR2 is six years old and at the time I wasn't using the little finger to lever the packet above the middle joint of the index finger. Anyway, this is a hard cut to accomplish smoothly. Just keep practicing and try searching YouTube for a clip of it.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Very well put.

NR2 is six years old and at the time I wasn't using the little finger to lever the packet above the middle joint of the index finger. Anyway, this is a hard cut to accomplish smoothly.
Just keep practicing and try searching YouTube for a clip of it.

DON'T search for a tuorial because they're probably teaching it wrong. I'm having trouble with this cut too. Thanks for the tips Aos.

Aug 31, 2007
DON'T search for a tuorial because they're probably teaching it wrong. I'm having trouble with this cut too. Thanks for the tips Aos.

No, they meant a performance of it.

And are you denying the authority of the people who created the cut?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results