Nice way of saying no?

trebmalrolyat

Banned
Sep 2, 2007
well,, today i was performing some effects,, then i did V1 stigmata, and everone was like do it again, making the force VERY difficult, is there any good method to move on to another trick even if they ask you to perform the same effect,...

How about...

"No you inconsiderate jerk of a spectator! I just performed an incredible piece of mysticism for you, and you have the NERVE to ask ME to do it again??? Why don't you just crawl back under your rock you ungrateful little piece of trash!!"

That should do the trick (no pun intended though...LOL!)

On second thought...well, that might get you punched in the face. But if anyone says it, pull out your cellphone and get it on video and send it to me...pretty please?? :D

How about...

"No you inconsiderate jerk of a spectator! I just performed an incredible piece of mysticism for you, and you have the NERVE to ask ME to do it again??? Why don't you just crawl back under your rock you ungrateful little piece of trash!!"

That should do the trick (no pun intended though...LOL!)

On second thought...well, that might get you punched in the face. But if anyone says it, pull out your cellphone and get it on video and send it to me...pretty please?? :D

Ahaaa, wow, that would be priceless.

I just say no, I never perform twice and then move onto something different.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
heres what i do...

spec: wow that was crazy......do it again!
me: well about you check this one out and tell me what you think!
insert favorite impromptu effect...
spec: wooooow that was amazing

there ya go!

Haha nice line c3rb3rus, When someone asks me to do an effect again I just sorta change the subject by just moving onto a different trick saying I have more to do or something. And if near the end I still feel like it I'll ask again if you want to see it and if they say yeah then I do it again....Not that difficult.

-RA69

Aug 31, 2007
Michigan
well first off you have to remember that you are the magician and are in charge. let your audience know that. be authoratative and demand respect for your decision to go onto another trick. thats how i roll ;)

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
I like to stipulate how much I'm going to do before I begin. I think it adds a level of importance to my magic, and doesn't make it seem like I'm on demand. And it means I don't have to bother with these kinds of questions.

"Ok, I'll show you one thing. You want to see something? Ok here it is."

To that effect.

Ty

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
well,, today i was performing some effects,, then i did V1 stigmata, and everone was like do it again, making the force VERY difficult, is there any good method to move on to another trick even if they ask you to perform the same effect,...

Magicians code.
Never repeat a trick.
Even if they dont catch the force. They might catch... Errm.. Other things.
So just politely ignore/say no
And move on to some thing even more amazing.
~Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results