Print Video

A couple days ago i posted a thread asking for suggestions about a trick i made up called Print. I said in the thread that I would come up with a video as soon as possible. Now I am very aware of the lack of "flare" in the video, but this is basically what the trick looks like.

P.S. The lighting was horrible in the room I was performing in so I'm sorry it took so long to show the reveal, in real life you see it right away. I HATE LIGHTING :(.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1352971/print_my_original_card_trick/

Oh! Please reply!
Enjoy!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 26, 2007
I did quite like the idea, however my main problem with it would be that i don't think a spectator would want to get ink all over there thumb,and its slightly impractical to have to carry an ink pad around with you, but its a nice idea

I did quite like the idea, however my main problem with it would be that i don't think a spectator would want to get ink all over there thumb,and its slightly impractical to have to carry an ink pad around with you, but its a nice idea

I thought about those things too, but the ink pad was big because ive got big pockets to carry it around it with, and its the only thing at the store at the moment so i couldnt get something smaller, but they do make smaller ones. and about the thumb mess, youd be surprised how well a simple pencil eraser gets ink off of stuff. Just hand one to the spec and tell them to rub it off with that, or just hand them a small hand sanitizer bottle. So if those were your main problems thats how i would fix them, but thanks for the advice, i was thinking the same way. i need all the help i can get with this one.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Its a good idea not a magician fooler but a little to bulky to sell.

Now just streamline it I think maybe you could use the sharpie instead of the ink pad.

Try it.

-Michael

May 16, 2008
Check out this site: http://fingerprintinkpad.com/

They sell 2 products that would work perfectly for this, they are just the right size for something like this as well, here are the descriptions:

Rub off ink pads: Provides permanent black prints yet they are easy to-use because the black ink can be easily wiped off the fingers.

Inkless pads: Provides permanent black prints yet they are easy to-use because there is no black ink to be wiped off the fingers.

EDIT: I just noticed that the inkless pad is $165...but the small rub off pad is only $5.95...unless you just have a lot of pointless money to blow, I don't recommend the inkless one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out this site: http://fingerprintinkpad.com/

They sell 2 products that would work perfectly for this, they are just the right size for something like this as well, here are the descriptions:

Rub off ink pads: Provides permanent black prints yet they are easy to-use because the black ink can be easily wiped off the fingers.

Inkless pads: Provides permanent black prints yet they are easy to-use because there is no black ink to be wiped off the fingers.

Those are perfect man. Thanks so much im deffinately getting one! :D

OK Im going to be blunt but this is to only help the trick itself. First thing I would suggest exploring your options on forces and card switches this will prevent you from having to cover the front of the deck during the switch. Second, work on your tilt its shaky and you can see what your doing its not executed correctly at all. Also your patter goes on for too long while your holding the card, in a real performance a spectator will get suspicious and ask you to turn the card over proving its the same card. My suggestion is leave the card on top of the deck so you can DL atleast twice once for the showing of an indifferent card and once right before you have them place their thumb print on the back of the signed card. Third, NEVER, NEVER, EVER tell the spectator what your going to do just do it, this has been a growing mistake from most magicians I've witnessed nowadays. Now for my final suggestion the trick overall isn't that good due to the things I've asked you to correct, correct these things, and have more confidence in your card handling skills, sit down and write a bullet proof presentation and re-work the trick. Its not a magician fooler and I dont care about those things what I do care about is furthering this art and this has the potential of being a good parlor trick. Also bring handy wipes for the ink. haha

Hope this helps,

Shane:)

OK Im going to be blunt but this is to only help the trick itself. First thing I would suggest exploring your options on forces and card switches this will prevent you from having to cover the front of the deck during the switch. Second, work on your tilt its shaky and you can see what your doing its not executed correctly at all. Also your patter goes on for too long while your holding the card, in a real performance a spectator will get suspicious and ask you to turn the card over proving its the same card. My suggestion is leave the card on top of the deck so you can DL atleast twice once for the showing of an indifferent card and once right before you have them place their thumb print on the back of the signed card. Third, NEVER, NEVER, EVER tell the spectator what your going to do just do it, this has been a growing mistake from most magicians I've witnessed nowadays. Now for my final suggestion the trick overall isn't that good due to the things I've asked you to correct, correct these things, and have more confidence in your card handling skills, sit down and write a bullet proof presentation and re-work the trick. Its not a magician fooler and I dont care about those things what I do care about is furthering this art and this has the potential of being a good parlor trick. Also bring handy wipes for the ink. haha

Hope this helps,

Shane:)

Thanks for all your help, im good with bluntness and am in magic for the greater good of the concept. But is there any way this could become a magician fooler?

P.S. I wasnt doing a marlo tilt, i was placing it halway in the deck and controling it to the top, no marlo tilt. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. :)

Oct 6, 2007
You could've also emphasized the fact that THEIR finger print, morphed/revealed their card. This is the main point of Print, and I think this should've been emphasized more.

BUt what I dont get about this trick is...How is it 'magicial' that another card cahnges into their card when their fingetr print is on it. Sure, it's amazing, but it doen't make sense. And magic, when it doesn't make sense, is NOT going to be effective, or at least not as effective as it can be.

Try including some patter that gives the card a reason to change, or at least make sense and be magicial at the same time.

Magic is something that doesn't make sense- it's impossible! But the magic should always flow, and be logically-understood. Get what I mean?

Well, the idea behind the trick is great. The effect also is astonishing. I, however, could only see the JS for a second because the light was poor. I'm sure in real life it's much easier to see.

My issue with this tricks would be that I do not want ink all over my hand and also an inkpad seems a little bulky. The same thing may be able to be done with a sharpie. give that a try. And as for the matter with not getting ink on the spectators hands... Can the trick be done by simply coloring in a spot on a card?... if it can then I would say do that instead of the finger print.

Dylan P.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results