Is Distortion hard to do?

Hi Ring Master,

The very first time I held the card and tried to do it I couldn't but the second time I could. You will just need to test the pressure that you will need for the move. Also I want to recommend not touching the gimmick until you watch the DVD.

Hope I helped,

The Illusionist

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
As far as sleights go, it should be pretty easy. Wayne is an excellent teacher (as are the rest of the T11 gang I'm sure)...he wont leave you in his dust. In all reality, he teaches two different handlings of the effect. Though, the effects go by different names and created by different magciains the end result is still amazing.

Treat Distortion as you would any other effect DVD. Be patient, and make sure you learn everything that you are going to need to know!

...And have fun...

Shane K.

You know, the only thing I've got from Theory 11 so far is my Digital Dissolve (6 Guardians and Distortion on the way), and I've come to the conclusion that the tricks themselves are all easy. Changing the copper to silver, changing the 4 to the 6, making the whole deck dissapear leaving the Kings, these are all easy things to do, once they are expained to you... But the idea is, you can't truely perform these, unless you make these tricks what they are. You have to put in the time and the effort to make these tricks interesting, and powerful. Like the video says, they're not making us magicians... They're making us performers.

Sep 1, 2007
Wisconsin
I've come to the conclusion that the tricks themselves are all easy. Changing the copper to silver, changing the 4 to the 6, making the whole deck dissapear leaving the Kings, these are all easy things to do, once they are expained to you... But the idea is, you can't truely perform these, unless you make these tricks what they are. You have to put in the time and the effort to make these tricks interesting, and powerful. Like the video says, they're not making us magicians... They're making us performers.

Amen to that!

If distortion sells out tomorrow I will be one seriously unhappy camper. I ordered my 3 guardians but I could'nt order distortion (long story) until tomorrow. I will not be happy if I do not get one.

Sep 1, 2007
You know, the only thing I've got from Theory 11 so far is my Digital Dissolve (6 Guardians and Distortion on the way), and I've come to the conclusion that the tricks themselves are all easy. Changing the copper to silver, changing the 4 to the 6, making the whole deck dissapear leaving the Kings, these are all easy things to do, once they are expained to you... But the idea is, you can't truely perform these, unless you make these tricks what they are. You have to put in the time and the effort to make these tricks interesting, and powerful. Like the video says, they're not making us magicians... They're making us performers.

I agree completely. And Digital Dissolve is AMAZING. My dad isn't fooled by much but he had NO IDEA what happened. and I could perform it my first try.

Hard hitting for sure, a MUST BUY.

Sincerly,
Spencer.

As far as sleights go, it should be pretty easy. Wayne is an excellent teacher (as are the rest of the T11 gang I'm sure)...he wont leave you in his dust. In all reality, he teaches two different handlings of the effect. Though, the effects go by different names and created by different magciains the end result is still amazing.

Treat Distortion as you would any other effect DVD. Be patient, and make sure you learn everything that you are going to need to know!

...And have fun...

Shane K.

thnz.......

I got my copy in last night (YAY) which I thought was wierd since I ordered tuesday and got it in thursday, but still fun. I watched the DVD last night and was practicing, and within 20 minutes of putting the DVD into my computer I performed it for my mom, who flipped. Than I did it for my dad, who doesn't react as much usually, but who kinda went "wow".

The moves are super easy, and ya don't mess with the gimmick!

The trick in general is maybe a 3/10 on a difficulty scale, I'd say 2/10 though.

Super good trick, great job Wayne and T11!

(PS: I got my 6 guardian decks too, these things rock!

Thanks,
Evan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results