A very sad day

Aug 16, 2008
HI all,

I have wanted to start my first post here on a happy note but that is not happening and let me tell you why. 2 days ago, I received a package from T11, I was very excited as I was looking forward to hold something that I spent the whole morning waiting to click on...ta daa..the White Centurions.

After spending a few frustrating tries clicking and entering my particulars, I finally got it through, or so I thought..when I excited unwrapped the package..HORRORS! They turned out to be BLACK CENTURIONS! I thought it must be a mistake, and promptly emailed the customer service for help.

Much to my dismay, they insisted on their database i did order the BLACK CENTURIONS and resent my order confirmation. I am very adamant that I did order the WHITE CENTURIONS, as I was not the only guy sitting at my desktop ordering it and confirming it, my girlfriend was there too. We both confirmed it was the right one before confirming the order and sent it.

I was very patient and genuinely thought Theory11 would help, unfortunately, it was not the help I wanted. They offered to refund me, provided I bear the shipping cost myself to send the whole set back to them. I did not think that was fair, as honestly I did order the correct WHITE CENTURIONS that morning.

I suggested if I could sent back all the unopened BLACK CENTURIONS in exchange for the WHITE CENTURIONS, as that is what I wanted and ordered ( obviously, I did not think I could be responsible for any glitches that could happened with the ordering system), sadly, the answer from the customer service is a NO, with reasons citing that the WHITE CENTURIONS is a rare deck.

Now, I know they still have the WHITE CENTURIONS, considering they sold limited decks on the 2 limited window period, yet they refused my suggestion for an exchange. I felt rather upset at this, as this is the first time I ever purchased anything from Theory11 and such incident occur, with the resolution that seems like a penalty to myself. I know, losing a customer over such a matter might not be a big deal to Theory11, and that is a sad day for anyone like me who has been trying to work out ways to make things easier on both sides and ended up on the wrong end of the deal. I hope this will serve as a warning for anyone who might end up having the same issue with me.

Regretfully yours
Ethan

Nov 23, 2007
NC
They should be able to track exactly what time your order went through and if the window was indeed opened at that time. If it was you may have a case.

Otherwise, anybody could just say what your saying. I'm not saying your not telling the truth but look at it from their point of view.

Daz

Sep 1, 2007
Sad, but not that sad. When I clicked on this thread I thought I was going to read about some devastating news to the magic world.

Although, after each purchase don't you get an email sent immediately from T11 confirming what you've just ordered? And that would pretty much seal the deal - it'd say black for black and white for white.

And I can see why they don't want to hand out White decks - because it'd be pretty open for about 90% of this forum to claim the same.

That's the trouble with computers and humans - we always tend to believe the computer in situations like this.

Dec 10, 2007
Sorry to hear that man, but i also understand it from the T11 point of view. I mean if the computer did glitch and it says that you ordered the black ones, what else can they really do. They are just going by what you say. Even though i believe you and you probably did order the white ones, if they just took peoples word for it they would wind up getting screwed over (unfortunatly there are some people that would take advantage of a situation like this).
As far as the rare deck thing goes, you have to admit that is part of the reason why you want the white ones so bad over the black ones. You wouldnt sit all day at the computer like you said for a deck of bikes. So you have to agree that the rarity of the deck certainly plays a factor both from a sell and consumer point of view.
Sorry it happened and it is an unfortunate event but i dont see how T11 could have handled it better, with the possible exception of refunding you the shipping cost to send them back and allow you to try to get some at the next release window.
Take care man, hope you have better luck next time.

DJ Donkey Puncher

Apr 28, 2008
I agree that it would be very annoying but I think you're seriously overreacting. You didn't get a deck of cards you supposedly ordered, it's hardly the end of the world.

You would have been E-mailed a receipt and a shipping confirmation, take a screenshot of these and you would have some real evidence.

Although if the computer says you ordered Black Centurions and you say you ordered White Centurions i'd be inclined to believe the computer, they make a lot less mistakes than humans.

You've been offered a refund so you haven't lost anything, get over it.

D

Deleted member 2755

I wouldn't exactly call this sad... However, this may be fixable. Check your e-mail. Did you really order the white Centurions? Your receipt should say so. Same thing with your package. The 2 product pages are very different so if you did order the white Centurions, you would know it obviously. I don't see a glitch like this being very possible... However, before completing your order, the page will say you ordered the white Centurions. Your e-mail confirmation will say you ordered them. Your receipt in the mail should say it. If it did not say this... sorry to say, but you did in fact order the wrong decks then.

If these things DO in fact say you ordered the white Centurions, then maybe support can help you out. However... what if everyone said this in an attempt to get white Centurions? What's preventing me from simply ordering a brick of black Centurions and then complaining I ordered the white ones? I'm not accusing you of anything, but try to understand this. Trust me on this... if all of the confirmations say you ordered the black decks, then you did order the black decks.

-Doug

ZimFasa

Banned
Jul 28, 2008
Yeah, I agree that sucks. But there's not much else T11 can do, like everyone else said.

Also, it's just a deck of cards. Yeah, they're cool, but it's not the end of the world. Open the black ones, close your eyes and imagine they're white. Pretty much the same thing, they don't really feel any different.

D

Deleted member 2755

Yeah, I agree that sucks. But there's not much else T11 can do, like everyone else said.

Also, it's just a deck of cards. Yeah, they're cool, but it's not the end of the world. Open the black ones, close your eyes and imagine they're white. Pretty much the same thing, they don't really feel any different.

I don't own any of the black decks, but I put the double backer from the white Centurions and put it next to a white card to compare. (double backer has one white side, one black side.) I honestly felt the black looked better. Plus just about everyone I asked for opinions said that the black ones look better in person. ;) I will say on the computer the white ones look WAAAAY better than the black ones. (I still think they do. Just my opinion.) However, in person I would say black is better than white.... It's hype.:p They are kind of cool to own though since not many were made. In my opinion, when new they felt AMAZING! (My old posts say that. They really did.) However, after a while of using them they will feel like your normal Guardians. That's my current view on them....

-Doug

Jun 20, 2008
HI all,

I have wanted to start my first post here on a happy note but that is not happening and let me tell you why. 2 days ago, I received a package from T11, I was very excited as I was looking forward to hold something that I spent the whole morning waiting to click on...ta daa..the White Centurions.

After spending a few frustrating tries clicking and entering my particulars, I finally got it through, or so I thought..when I excited unwrapped the package..HORRORS! They turned out to be BLACK CENTURIONS! I thought it must be a mistake, and promptly emailed the customer service for help.

Much to my dismay, they insisted on their database i did order the BLACK CENTURIONS and resent my order confirmation. I am very adamant that I did order the WHITE CENTURIONS, as I was not the only guy sitting at my desktop ordering it and confirming it, my girlfriend was there too. We both confirmed it was the right one before confirming the order and sent it.

I was very patient and genuinely thought Theory11 would help, unfortunately, it was not the help I wanted. They offered to refund me, provided I bear the shipping cost myself to send the whole set back to them. I did not think that was fair, as honestly I did order the correct WHITE CENTURIONS that morning.

I suggested if I could sent back all the unopened BLACK CENTURIONS in exchange for the WHITE CENTURIONS, as that is what I wanted and ordered ( obviously, I did not think I could be responsible for any glitches that could happened with the ordering system), sadly, the answer from the customer service is a NO, with reasons citing that the WHITE CENTURIONS is a rare deck.

Now, I know they still have the WHITE CENTURIONS, considering they sold limited decks on the 2 limited window period, yet they refused my suggestion for an exchange. I felt rather upset at this, as this is the first time I ever purchased anything from Theory11 and such incident occur, with the resolution that seems like a penalty to myself. I know, losing a customer over such a matter might not be a big deal to Theory11, and that is a sad day for anyone like me who has been trying to work out ways to make things easier on both sides and ended up on the wrong end of the deal. I hope this will serve as a warning for anyone who might end up having the same issue with me.

Regretfully yours
Ethan

That sucks man I must admit. However, T11 can't exactly give you the white cents in exchange for the black ones or else getting a pack of whites would be far too easy. I mean come on, if we all could just trade in cards worth 5 bucks for ones worth $30-$45 more, wouldn't we all? Even though I personally would love for the world to be so perfect that T11 wouldn't even think that you could be lying... It's just not going to happen.

I'm sorry for your experience.

Best wishes man.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results