Black Ghosts Review

Sep 1, 2007
California
They create the best natural cover for double lifts. I suggest if you are one of the people out there that struggle with having new decks available, grab yourself a black ghost deck from E. Warped cards are **** for packet tricks, and you don't want that to throw off your false counts or the fact you have an extra card. I can't believe I'm saying this, but BGhosts work phenomenally for packet tricks. It's because of the smoky edges, which throw off the stacked cards and make it impossible for a spectator to follow. Although this shouldn't be your aim to confuse a spectator, the cards will provide extra cover for i.e. Mercury (because I know SO many of you perform it, for some reason I know not and will never understand). If you're one of those black deck collectors, take a look at a nice DL from the BGhosts, and then compare it to that of a Tiger deck or Viper, and maybe even Split Spades. There is a significant vision ambiguity, and well... its exploitable. Just saying tho... it was an interesting observation. I usually would never even stoop to using black decks or anything besides a deck of red Bikes, but hey... it seemed interesting and I know some people on the forums were discussing benefits of Black Ghosts over other cards. Here's just another. Once again... I'm adamantly sticking to Red Bikes because a good DL doesn't REALLY need any cover or ambiguity. Sorry for the contrasting viewpoints in this rant, but yeah... i'ts sleepy time.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Hey - I guess that actually makes sense. I wouldn't do it though,because i really dislike Black bordered decks...

You should take some pictures, and post them up here. It might help with the convincing of some people!

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I don't see why a lot of people dislike black decks. I love 'em.

And most of the time when I show my friends and family, they go nuts for them and always tell me to bring them where ever I go. :p

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
I do like them. I think it is funny though that when I do tricks with a deck from T11 or E that they are "Trick Cards". Even though most of the original Bicycle decks are the ones that are mostly Gaffed.

The original ghosts are very smooth, which I like. I hope these ones are just as good, I will have to get me a deck or two and test them out.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I don't see why a lot of people dislike black decks. I love 'em.

And most of the time when I show my friends and family, they go nuts for them and always tell me to bring them where ever I go. :p

I just don't think they look very..natural. It's hard to explain, I just think they lok a little bit, unprofessional, or that they have a tendency to be looked upon as strange by people. I guess they just look tricky.

It's just my opinion.

Sep 15, 2008
But that was not the actual point of the thread. He said it's easier to make double liftes with black ghosts. not that his was bad.

On the contrary. What I got as the point of the thread was he was stating how the "smoky edges" of the Black Ghost deck blurred the two cards needed for a double lift into one, hence providing a cover of sorts.

He goes on to explain how even in packet tricks this blur technique helps by hiding the actual number of cards in your hands.

I'm still kinda shocked it wasn't until 5 posts in that someone said practice more.

Throw away the Black Ghost, grab a pack of red bikes, study and do your homework, then practice your double lifts for the rest of the night.

- Frank

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results