New Effect: Surreality.

Feb 8, 2008
Hello, everyone. Lately, (the past few weeks) I've been practicing and performing this trick on a variety of people.

Unfortunately, in the video, I was not able to include having the aces end up in between the two selections, but that's only because I was in a very strange situation.

It was filmed in a walk-in cooler that was abandoned between two deserted country club buildings at midnight. It was kinda freaky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUfmrtb5ijo

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey mate. I think your patter started really well - "Ever get that feeling that something's there when it shouldn't be?" or something like that - that was really great. Unfortunately, from there, the entire patter just sorta broke down into hesitancy. Keep up that presentation, along those lines, and less of stuff like "We can actually lose it in the pack". No really? You know what I mean? I love the beginning though, I was rubbing my hands at the first line (and not just cause it was in a cooler - odd place by the way haha).

A few other things... The lifts and breaks were generally pretty average. After you catch the break, be careful that you don't show it at the front of the deck - it was hard to catch but it was definitely visible at the front of the deck where you held a break. Also regarding your breaks and lifts, there were a few times you just sorta stopped, said "Uhh..." and fumbled with your cards trying to get a lift happening, so work on those as well until you can pick them up without thinking (or find a way to get that break before you need it). The Ace production was nice.

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
I really like the effort you've put into this, let me first say that. My problem was in your words. You've done a good job by actually coming up with something to say (and being able to keep talking while doing the magic), but you need it to make sense. I wasn't able to follow what you were saying, you said many things that just didn't go anywhere. Touch that up, and get your handling down better and you'll be good to go. I'm glad to see many basic and older moves being used, they're definitely worth the trouble to learn. Keep working and I'm sure it'll be great.

Peace
:)

Feb 8, 2008
Thanks for the tips guys. I know I had some issues with the patter - I usually have a lot of problems coming up with it. Just something I need to work on. I guess I was just a little bit nervous and camera-shy.

Normally the trick would flow a little better, but I definitely will work on the breaks in the middle of the deck. That's the one greatest flaw in the trick.

Oh, and as for using older sleights, I really enjoy them instead of all of the same stuff I keep seeing all over the place. This trick, performed to the end(unlike in the video), has more sleights than any trick I know. This includes a sleight I had to tailor for the effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results