Practice Flourish into busy life.

Mar 16, 2009
Flourish is one of a few things that actually brings me joy.

Monday - Saturday I have to study at school 4 hours and responsibilities like homeworks, work for a another 6 hours as a bartender. this give me a chance to play around with the card around 2 hours a night. Sunday it's usually 5pm to 11pm and then back to the "busy life".

However, like most people on this site, I want to become much better than I currently am.

How can I best utilize my time to improve and still enjoy myself?

Thanks!

Sep 1, 2007
I was gonna suggest the same thing, also, instead of just cards, learn to manipulate rings, and pens, you can play with them too!

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Carry a deck with you in the car and do one-handed flourishes (Charlier is basic; revolution cut, different things like rotating packets around, etc....)

Carry a deck with you everywhere and whenever you have some free time (say, on your break), use it.

In all seriousness, I think 18 hours a week is plenty of practicing...

Mar 15, 2009
orlando F.l
card flourishing

i always have to have a deck of cards in my hands not matter where im at.
i sleep with a deck of cards next to me thats how much i love cardistry.
cardistry is an art that gets you out of everything it is like going into another world. a world of performence, is an intimate art between you and the cards.. alot of people like card flourishing but they quit because they believe that they have small hands.. if we look at the bests of cardistry like: dan&dve, daniel madison, etc. they really dont have big hands at all. if you want to do something just commit yourself into doing it and believe in yourself that you are the best ever in what you do.. put your mind into it and you can achive anything you set your mind into.. all you have to do is believe and thats it. the rest works by itself.
Omarsmagic*>

Apr 8, 2008
Judging from your school hours and your job, I'm going to guess you're a college/university student.

I'm actually only in highschool (and without a job), but since I'm in a very academically demanding program, it's somewhat the same (the tight schedule).

I always have my deck in my pocket, ready to practice flourishing. One hand cuts are ideal when you're doing something with your right hand, and you decide to practice with your left, or vice versa. And when I really have some free time, I usually just flop down on the sofa and watch some TV while practicing some cuts, eg B4, stuff from the System, etc. etc.

I guess that's the best advice I can give on this, and I hope you will be able to find enough time to do practice your stuff!

Sep 5, 2008
UK
Flourish is one of a few things that actually brings me joy.

Monday - Saturday I have to study at school 4 hours and responsibilities like homeworks, work for a another 6 hours as a bartender. this give me a chance to play around with the card around 2 hours a night. Sunday it's usually 5pm to 11pm and then back to the "busy life".

However, like most people on this site, I want to become much better than I currently am.

How can I best utilize my time to improve and still enjoy myself?

Thanks!

i had the same problem, my boss even put in my contract that i`m not allowed to carry card or coins. i discovered Greg Irvin "finger fitness" it helped my alot hope u will enjoy it too

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results