Stage magic construction

Jul 26, 2008
In about a year or so from now our school will be holding it's first talent show. I'll be a senior when this all goes on, and it will be my last year at the school, and I've built a decent reputation as a magician.As such from the day word got out about the talent show people have been asking me if i was going to do a stage show. I decided i want to, but i have no big props (Things like metamorphosis, or other vanishes or appearances of the sort) so I was wondering is there a book that has blueprints or instructions on constructions for stage props?

I want to apologize in advance for this post (it seems something like a rant to me xD ) and just in case I missed the thread with this answer when i searched.

May 17, 2008
Ok mate what you should do is head on over to your local magic shop and talk to the clerk and ask him if he has got any metamorphisis or any thing else type of stage planes thats what I did and it worked out great:cool:

Good luck,

Indiana.C

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Yeah, i think metamorphosis is a good trick to do on stage. You can also get an appearing cane. I always use an appearing cane with my metamorphosis act, i walk on stage, produce a cane, and then move on to the trick. It just gives them a little appetizer and keeps their interest from dying,

Ok mate what you should do is head on over to your local magic shop and talk to the clerk and ask him if he has got any metamorphisis or any thing else type of stage planes thats what I did and it worked out great:cool:

Good luck,

Indiana.C

cool, you actually help me open my eyes. I lived right by Mark Wilson, I think I can get something out of him for my stage show.

Jul 26, 2008
First off thanks for all the help so far, and anything that anyone else contributes will be well appreciated as well.

The closest magic shop to me is about half an hour drive away, but i called down and talked to the owner whom I know fairly well, and he said he'll see what he can do.

Also he said he has "Complete Course in Magic" in, and I'll pick it up, and I already have a metal appearing and disappearing cane that I had planned on using with metamorphosis. Still an appreciated comment. Thanks again for all the replies.

Sep 2, 2007
I repeat what Bizzaro said about Andrew Mayne's DVD's. he's coming out with a new DVD this week called EFX which is SPECIFICALLY what you're looking for

May 31, 2008
Speaking of Mark Wilson he has a good book out called "Complete Course in Magic" and it has a great illusion section.

Yes it does, check out the Mark Wilson Suspension. PM me if you want a method without a visible board under your levitating person. (Levitatee?)

Jul 26, 2008
Thanks again for the replies and help. I made another call down to the magic shop, and the owner said he would get his hands on EFX for me, and give me a call when he's got it. That's when I'll be going down (Probably in about two or three weeks) and getting Pretty much everything aforementioned in everyone's posts. (at least what i can afford) definitely EFX, "Complete Course in Magic", and any other plans the shop happens to have, and whatever else anyone recommends.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results