Palming Cards - Gestures

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Now I have had quite a few years of palming and have no problems with transfering and what not. But my problem is hang size. They are quite small. I am still able to palm without anyone notice but I was watching some other performers (who have big mits) and they are able to gesture, wave, and what not with a card in palm.
Now I want to ask if anyone has been able to do these gestures why they have small hands. As when you talk, you gesture, but do people actually look at your hands? I never wanted to try to do this as I'm afraid of being caught. Never been caught when not gesturing but yea.... kind of different...
thanks!

Oct 5, 2008
Almada, Portugal
adapt that with your presetation and perfomance style.

Example:
  • You usally wave your hand wile perfoming ?

Yes or No?

Yes- try to change that aspect of your perfomance OR try to do it the palmed card, cheking the angles and that stuff.

No- Don't wave your hand wile palming

If neceçary, change your perfomance style just for do or not do something with the palmed card. BUT ONLY WHEN NESSEÇARY.

I can't think of anytingh more.

J.

P.S.: do you already think of using other tipes of palming?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
yea
But i find it really pointless to change the way you perform just to add a little convincer to your trick.
And yes I have thought of other palms and all of them may have a chance of flashing when gesturing.
The gestures arent like a big wave like a HI wave. Just like a "And then you have in your mind *gesture forward* a card"
those kind of things. Cause when the normal card handlers do it. The back of the hand faces the audience, which is quite the impossibility for me.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Well who says you have to change your routine, if you're wonderin about gestures, do it in a subtle manner.. dont exaggerate...for instance...you perform a one handed top palm, some subtle gestures include crossin your arms...roll up your sleeves(if any)...rest both of your hands on the table casually...just practice without the card an jus practice those subtlties then inrtroduce the card an work from there. Also small hands are no excuse...jus practice. Any more questions feel free to ask.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
ah
but thats the thing
small hands are an excuse in this case.
I can palm normally, but small hands wont let you rest them on a table naturally without it flashing or without looking awkward.

If Malini could do it, you can do it.

We can't tell you what gestures your hands will allow you to do, only you can experiment and find that. However, a good palm means that you damn near forget the card is there. Just be natural and your hands will tell you what you can and cannot do.

That said, Expert Card Technique has many, many gestures and actions to use while having a card in palm that you may find inspiration from or find something you can use verbatim. I would definitely check that out.

C

Nov 10, 2007
I have very small hands as well. One thing I have been starting to get used to, is when I have the card palmed I simply spread the deck in my hand and then do whatever I need to. It is very natural in my opinion. I got the Idea from Benjamin Earl he does this subtlety in his Stroke Change.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results