Help for an investigation of close up magic industry...

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys,I just need to know some situations about the close-up magic industry in your city,and if you would like to answer some questions,I will appreciate~:)
About how many magic shops in your city(If you dont know the exact number,just estimate it,but please write down your country/city)?
Is there any magic clubs?How often is a convention held?
Most importantly,Are there any bars/hotels/restaurants that have magic performers?How many?
And,if you want to share some other situations and your own opinion about the close-up magic industry,please write down~
Thanks guys:cool:

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hey guys,I just need to know some situations about the close-up magic industry in your city,and if you would like to answer some questions,I will appreciate~:)
About how many magic shops in your city(If you dont know the exact number,just estimate it,but please write down your country/city)?
Most importantly,Are there any bars/hotels/restaurants that have magic performers?How many?
And,if you want to share some other situations and your own opinion about the close-up magic industry,please write down~

Well i live in Edinburgh,Scotland and the answers are 0, 0 and 0. MAgic ain,t to poplular up here, but im trying to get my friends involved and already my class loves me performing tricks, so im getting there!!!

Sep 1, 2007
SR, California. There is one magic shop. There are like 5 clubs/restaurants that have magicians. There is only a group from the SAM as a magic club here. Conventions are held about 1 every couple of months (now that you mention it, there has not been one in some time).

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
Hong Kong. At least 20 magic shops here. Last time i counted 6 within 2 blocks.
There are tons of magic clubs here. For conventions like the ones in the US, none whatsoever.

I live in Prescott, Arizona and there's no magic shops, no magic clubs and nowhere to perform magic. Matter of fact I only know of three other magicians in the area. And one of the three doesn't practice magic anymore.

It's good for me because no one here has really seen any magic. People are starting to recognize me as the "magic man", so I guess my name is getting around. To all those with no "magic" in your town, use it to your advantage to promote yourself more.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I live in Denver, Colorado. As far as I know, there is only one magic shop, and it is terrible. No magic clubs that I know of, and no magic conventions.

Sep 4, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I live in Phoenix, Arizona and there is absolutely NOTHING! I haven't even seen those magic/prank tricks on the party stores (like the coin box or those little things that you would buy when you were 10.)

Sep 2, 2007
Ithaca, New York has absolutely zero magic stores.

On the other hand, New York City has more magic stores than I have fingers (and I have a lot of fingers, eleven, I think :D).

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Canada

I live in Victora, BC.

How Many Magic Shops? There is just one, but another one a few hours away.

Is there a club? Two actually. The Victoria Magic Circle and The Magic Youth International.

How often is a convention held? As in a meeting... At least once a month.

Are there any places that have a magician? Yes, loads. I perform at a restaurant, and I know a bunch of others that do as well. I'm going to say 6 or 7.

Sep 2, 2007
I have 0 magic shops, 0 other magicians, and the closest club is three hours away (Which I'm a part of :D) And no one performs magic but me in the school.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona and there is absolutely NOTHING! I haven't even seen those magic/prank tricks on the party stores (like the coin box or those little things that you would buy when you were 10.)

I used to live down in Phoenix before I moved to Prescott. Metro Center had a magic shop at one time, but I don't know if it's still there. Mostly had the gag/prank crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results