Custom Deck

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
The stock is still being worked out for the time being. I'm having talks about the stock they currently have and getting proofs of them so I can feel them out for myself.

Feb 28, 2008
In all honesty, I've seen a lot of people want to make their own back design and this is the first one that made me go "wow." Most people have backs that kind of look like bikes or Tallys, while your design has a classicness, classiness, and uniqueness to it.

Level 4+

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
In all honesty, I've seen a lot of people want to make their own back design and this is the first one that made me go "wow." Most people have backs that kind of look like bikes or Tallys, while your design has a classicness, classiness, and uniqueness to it.

Level 4+

Wow. I really appreciate that.

Tumbleweed - If that is the case, I'll ask that company and it is something I will look into.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
This reminds me too much of The Bucks' Deck. I don't get why everybody is trying to design their own deck. The Buck's didn't, they had an artist do it, if you want you're own deck why wouldn't you want to be a piece of art. I really doubt all 100 people who have posted their new back designs are artists.

Get a deck, and practice. That's what matters. Your own designed deck won't help if you suck. Unless you are performing for a living and need to advertise with it, there really is no point.

Designing these decks for your own vanity doesn't make you better. It just takes time out of practicing.

-Alex

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I design because I want something unqiue and beautiful for myself to enjoy. It's not about vanity nor making by selling them. I have no intentions of selling them. I am a graphics designers apart from being a magician so I thought it would be neat to design something all my own to enjoy. No need to knock it.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Except they aren't.

Even then - is that such a terrible thing? Not to me, I love Smoke & Mirrors.

I never said they are Smoke and Mirrors, I said they remind me too much of them... enough so that to me they seem unoriginal. Personally, I would just buy Smoke and Mirrors... if they're that similar, and Smoke and Mirrors are so highly praised, why would I a choose a deck that was created near single-handedly, has no reviews thus far? My money would be safer invested in Smoke and Mirrors.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I never said they are Smoke and Mirrors, I said they remind me too much of them... enough so that to me they seem unoriginal. Personally, I would just buy Smoke and Mirrors... if they're that similar, and Smoke and Mirrors are so highly praised, why would I a choose a deck that was created near single-handedly, has no reviews thus far? My money would be safer invested in Smoke and Mirrors.

I'm not asking you to buy these, nor am I even selling them. So I'm not sure where those comments even came from.

This deck was created by a group of friends because we wanted a custom deck for ourselves. Those of you that do actually want a few - I'll talk with you further about it when the times comes.

I don't expect these cards to ever have a review nor be praised. I just thought I'd share the design that was created for a custom deck in the making.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Elegant.

For some reason Smoke and Mirrors always reminded me of my Grandma’s curtains from the 70’s. To me these are more slick but I did think similar S&M’s as soon as I saw them. I like the color choice too. Do you know how the quality of the stock will be?

Yer, I dont know where those comments came from. He has pointed out that he dosent want to sell them. he just wants his own personal deck to have. Is that so much to ask?

J.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Yer, I dont know where those comments came from. He has pointed out that he dosent want to sell them. he just wants his own personal deck to have. Is that so much to ask?

Oh, well that's fine. I was mistakenly under the impression that he had the intent to sell them. For his personal use is a different story, though.

May 9, 2008
I personally can tell there is a huge difference between S&M and these. This deck looks Celtic in nature...I like it.

Mar 12, 2008
Sorry for the bump, but I put these together real quick, and I think this deck is a winner!

Attachments

• Deck.jpg
    Deck.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 50
  • deck spread.jpg
    deck spread.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 41
  • card spread.jpg
    card spread.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 45
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results