TnR

May 17, 2009
United Kingdom
Hey, I have been looking for a torn and restored card effect and I was wondering what TNR by Mathieu Bich is like.ily
Could you (without revealing too much) what the gimmick is like and if it is angle sensitive etc
Josh

Dec 19, 2007
Italy ,Milano
tnr is angle sensitive and i personally do not like it.
I do not like the gimmick cause you have to be very precise in the contruction of it.

anyway in th spect eyes the trick is impossible because you torn a card and it instantly change in the spectator's one.

Jan 13, 2008
I think TnR is terribly underrated. The spectator holds all of the pieces to the card (which isn't their selection--bad magician! ;)), as you put the pieces together, one by one. And when you're done, it ends up being their card.

As mentioned, you need to be pretty precise when making the gimmick, but really that can be said about any gimmick (who wants a shabby gimmick?). Also, angle sensitivity was mentioned as an issue, but to be fair it's no more angle sensitive than most other torn and restored effects (such as Torn, by Daniel Garcia).

I like that you can handle the card quite fairly as you restore it, and I love the surprise kicker ending (it catches the audience off guard).

Obviously this would be an effect you wouldn't want to perform for more than a very small group of people (I'd say 3 max), but I have the same requirements with DG's Torn, as well.

I don't think people like the fact that there's a gimmick involved, but it definitely doesn't detract from the effect (in my experience, anyway). It allows the kicker ending that isn't as easily accomplished otherwise.

Overall, I like it. Unlike most, I actually see it as a very usable torn and restored effect. However, with that said, my all time favourite torn and restored effect is Torn by Daniel Garcia. It takes more work to learn it, and to get it so it looks really good, but it's better in the end (in my opinion, anyway).

Good luck with whatever you choose to get! :)

Dec 26, 2007
I have two questions regarding TnR. Firts of all, can it be done signed? ( i doubt this, but if it is possible I am hitting buy right now!) Secondly, Is the card you are left with examinable at the end?

Thank you for any information somebody can provide

Kieran

Dec 19, 2007
Italy ,Milano
I have two questions regarding TnR. Firts of all, can it be done signed? ( i doubt this, but if it is possible I am hitting buy right now!) Secondly, Is the card you are left with examinable at the end?

Thank you for any information somebody can provide

Kieran

no it can't be done signed.

[MOD Edit:: Just wanted to do a slight editing of this post as it reveals a tiny bit of what happens at the end of the trick. You are left an examinable card at the end, but not immediately. Hope that helps.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 22, 2009
Yea thats one flaw is the non signed card. I would suggest Torn from Daniel Garcia if you want to get one down that doesnt really require any gimmics.

Sep 2, 2007
if you want impromptu check out IMPROMPTORN (Google it) it's sort of a revamped handling of torn which is a little cleaner and impromptu :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results