Awesome 'Tagged' Idea for Students

Hey,

Im a big fan of informal magic, magic that dosent look magic. Magic that seams impromtu and on the fly. Magic that dosent look like a trick till the very last moment.

So I have been doing this for about a week or two at my school. What basically happens is you ask them to raise their hand, then ask them what our next lesson is, and they say I dunno. Then just point at their arm and it says Maths.

Or some patter along those lines.

For me this gets really good reactions. And its really easy to do. Just tag them with Maths during lunch or something then when the bell goes for class, just casually ask them whats our next class....

Try it! You'll love it.

J.

Btw. This is Tagged by Rich Ferguson.

Sep 20, 2008
That's kinda cool :) You can be playful and say something like:

"Yeah we know, You didnt have to write it on your arm though."

(insert shocked faces and whatnot here.)

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I think it sounds stupid.
Have them raise their hand for what reason?
I think there are better ways to go about the whole "informal" magic than this.
The way you're using the tagging system is like using the ultra smoke 2000 on an Erdnase color change.
By that I mean that there are so many better situations you could use it for.
Don't waste it.

You dont have to have them raise their hand at the start.

I know the Tagged system can be used for stronger effects, but Im not a person who carries around a deck of cards and asks people if they want to see magic. Its too cheesy.

What do you mean dont waste it? Its not limited, I can do it as many times as I want. Im not wasting it. Wasting it would not be using it at all.

Its just what I do at school sometimes.

J.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results