Please help me...

Nov 10, 2007
I have been doing magic for quite some time, I used to love performing, and just loved performing with cards.

As of about 3 months ago, performing magic started to get boring. I could not figure out why, this was not enjoyable for me any more. I finally figured out why, I'M SICK OF PERFORMING WITH CARDS, using the same sleights over and over again.

So why do I tell you this, I ask you, the magician who has actually branched out to help me find some other effects that get great reactions as well as very fun to perform. I am not looking for coin effects, but rather mentalism, money, and just bizzare awesome stuff. Now I don't mind doing card magic that will use a gimmick, just nothing impromtu, for now at least. Some things I have found that have interested me right now is cash out and liquify. Please list some other effects that may interest me, I also like things that just pack in my everyday wallet, like The Con by Lloyd Barnes which I may end up getting.

Aug 1, 2009
UHH...let me see. There is Titans finger on Ellusionist, Prophet by Tom Isaacson, Symphony by Daniel Garcia and LIT by Dan White and Dan Hauss. Those are just a few I can think of off of the top of my head. Search Penguin magic, Ellusionist or This site - Theory 11 and you should find some very good effects. Good luck in your search.:)

Nov 10, 2007
I have actually got prophet and Symphony, and am not really into effects like Titans finger, but one effect that is really starting to interest me is identity by richard sanders.

Jul 14, 2008
Believe it or not, but when I first started card magic, and I actually vowed myself only to do with cards. Boy, was I wrong. Mastering the card magic sleights allows you to try new things.

I suggest you to look into the Sponge Balls. One dvd that comes with a spongeball is Jay Noblezada Sponge Ball. A great opener routine and a break from card magic.

Nov 10, 2007
And then...

Identity by Richard Sanders is a CARD effect, but nonetheless, a great effect!

Well I have never used a gimmick when performing before, at least for a very long time, and I wouldn't mind performing miracles with gimmicks.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
For cards... dont mind the sleights. Just learn new routines which you like... or branch out to easy/gimmicked tricks. Those are always fun to perform... Little work with lots of payback. Try out Split Decision by Joshua Jay, thats always a wonderful one to perform.
As for other magic...
Why not pick up a good book and just have a nice read? Or how bout pick up some lecture/ jam DVDs. Its always fun to hear what people have to say on the spot. The Dai Vernon DVD set was always a fun one to watch.
If you really want some tricks... hm....
For mentalism, my favorite would be Derren Brown's Devil Picture Book (card and mentalism, but stuff you probably didn't know about) and John Archer's Educating Archer (comedy mentalism, my favorite).
Try to branch out to other elements of magic which would aid you in your previous knowledge of magic. Try some sleeving, topiting, lapping, anything (i rhyme...) Learning those things are always lots of fun when mastered and can come in good use for some impromptu magic.
"Heres your phone... now its gone! bye"

Just branch out and see what utility moves, devices, techniques, concepts you can find. I would stay away from Single Trick DVDs. 25 dollars for 1 trick that might interest you... Why not spend 50 dollars on 50 things that you will definately choose a few from? or 25 dollars on something that you can use in almost all situations?

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I have to say that if you're bored because of the sleights then you're not really concentrating on the presentation...or you gave up on harder sleights. I can do the same 4-5 sleights within different tricks and routines, as long as I have an audience to interact with they're never exactly the same.

If you want mentalism, find Bob Cassidy's fundamentals or pick up Corinda's 13 steps.

Not sure what you'd be in to bizarre-wise...I'll leave those suggestions to those who actually perform them.

Non coin, non impromptu card tricks...

Like someone said, sponge balls are an option, redline by Dan Haus, cookie cutter by Dan Sperry...maybe some parlor illusions would suit you?

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
Believe it or not, but when I first started card magic, and I actually vowed myself only to do with cards. Boy, was I wrong. Mastering the card magic sleights allows you to try new things.

I suggest you to look into the Sponge Balls. One dvd that comes with a spongeball is Jay Noblezada Sponge Ball. A great opener routine and a break from card magic.

i second third and fourth this

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results