What t11 Has Become

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
To the users though, please tell me how E is different than T11 other than what I stated in my previous post.

In sincerity, I listed out those exact reasons, point by point, in my original post in this thread. I suggest for those in doubt to digest it in full.

If you would rather play that game, I'll be happy to do so.

Perhaps, in time, you will realize that this is not a game - it's the livelihood and sole occupation of the majority of our artists and staff. If artists can't make time to post on the forums every single week, it's not the end of the world. It's not because they don't care or don't want to help. It's because they have families. They have lives. They have rent. They have gigs. They have wives. They have children. Their time spent on these forums should be looked upon as a gift, not an obligation. When I was younger, it would have meant the world to me to be able to interact with and ask questions from the leading minds in this industry. I used to stay up until 3:00 in the morning just to do so. I still do - I was on the phone last night with Luke Dancy until 3am, and Chris Kenner until 4am. I get very little sleep. We put our heart and soul into everything we do.

I stand by my previous post in saying that we have more artist participation than any other site by far. We'd like it to be more; we've love to improve and we do so daily. But let's appreciate what we do have and respect the time artists do willingly devote to answering questions, offering guidance, and sharing advice - every single week.

I responded as your post as it was questioning the ethics, motives, and accomplishments of not only myself, but the countless other people that are involved in making this site move. This is our livelihood - our occupation - our passion. We take it very seriously. We work tirelessly to lead the pack and watch others follow. And I will never hesitate to defend the difference we have made.

For now, however, I don't believe that it is the best use of time for myself or our members to talk about what makes us different to those that just don't see it. I'd rather prove it in actions - I've said more than enough words. And I'll let this post speak for itself.

D

Deleted member 2755

Perhaps, in time, you will realize that this is not a game - it's the livelihood and sole occupation of the majority of our artists and staff.

I agree. It's not a game. It's your life, and I respect you for it more than would think. Magic has helped me a great deal in life, and Theory 11 has been an invaluable part of my magic experience.

If artists can't make time to post on the forums every single week, it's not the end of the world. It's not because they don't care or don't want to help. It's because they have families. They have lives. They have rent. They have gigs. They have wives. They have children. Their time spent on these forums should be looked upon as a gift, not an obligation.

I completely agree. But some haven't been on in a while. (By saying not coming on every week, you pretty much forced me to link examples. There you go.) So no, they don't all care about the community.

When I was younger, it would have meant the world to me to be able to interact with and ask questions from the leading minds in this industry. I used to stay up until 3:00 in the morning just to do so. I still do - I was on the phone last night with Luke Dancy until 3am, and Chris Kenner until 4am. I get very little sleep. We put our heart and soul into everything we do.

I'm sure you do. That's why I have so much respect for you.

I stand by my previous post in saying that we have more artist participation than any other site by far. We'd like it to be more; we've love to improve and we do so daily. But let's appreciate what we do have and respect the time artists do willingly devote to answering questions, offering guidance, and sharing advice - every single week.

I agree that artist participation is higher than on other sites. But most of them disappear a short while after their releases. Shame indeed.

I responded as your post as it was questioning the ethics, motives, and accomplishments of not only myself, but the countless other people that are involved in making this site move. This is our livelihood - our occupation - our passion. We take it very seriously. We work tirelessly to lead the pack and watch others follow. And I will never hesitate to defend the difference we have made.

That's good to hear. I'm glad you think that way as you should. You guys have the best Cardistry video for those starting out. Magic-Con was awesome. The community is a lot looser than other online communities. The media section is a great tool for everyone. And every production on this site is pure gold.

For now, however, I don't believe that it is the best use of time for myself or our members to talk about what makes us different to those that just don't see it. I'd rather prove it in actions - I've said more than enough words. And I'll let this post speak for itself.

I agree. But the reasons I have listed for you are why I believe most of T11's community, and myself, believe T11 is similar to E. While you guys may do things differently behind the scenes, at face value to the community, E is very similar to T11. I agree it's best not to waste our time on this. Let's end it here. ;)

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results