Best Control

Aug 1, 2009
Hey guys, just lookin for advice on what you guys think is the best way to control a card to the top of the deck without double undercutting or even cutting the pack. (Not including shinobi control because I don't want to have to show the card). Looking for this in the form of a 1on1 or something like that. Thank you once again!

Jun 1, 2009
Well, there is no "best" control. It's whatever you want it to be. I really enjoy the spread pass and venus control. Just look around on different sites to find one that fits you.

Jacob

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Jason England has a 1 on 1 that teaches the Classic Pass. While it won't help you anytime soon (years of work to master it) it is a pretty awesome control.

Mar 15, 2011
I use the spread pass by Paul Le Paul and Chad Nelson, If you r doing walk around though, I would suggest just forcing or glimpsing the card. It lets you let the spectator shuffle the cards, and that always makes an effect stronger. Check out Amateur Magicians Guidebook by Henry Hay for the glimpse Im talking about. Excellent read

Dec 31, 2010
I really like the Losing Control by Lee Asher. It's not as good as the actual pass, but a GREAT alternative. It's on his website and on E.

May 19, 2010
I love flip flop plop by Paul Harris. It is so easy and simple but very convincing. It's found in volume 1 of Art of Astonishment. Its not a 1 on 1 but I highly recommend the book for it has so many cool concepts and effects for your money. Hope this helps.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
Invisible turnover pass in Expert Card Technique. Spread Pass The Card Magic of Le Paul. Cherry Control by Ricky Smith available at dananddave.com
Those are three out of the few I use.

Jan 21, 2010
In terms of a pass the Invisible Turnover Pass is great, and doesn't take as much skill as a classic pass (can also be found in Le Paul). Also some of my favorite controls are the convincing control (found in By Forces Unseen) and one of Daniel Garcia's controls, the one where you "show" them the middle card and it's instantly on top (I forget the name and where I found it unfortunately).

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
I personally sometimes don't even use a control, i just switch their card for another and lose the random card somewhere in the deck, their selection never leaves the top ...

Nov 27, 2009
I personally sometimes don't even use a control, i just switch their card for another and lose the random card somewhere in the deck, their selection never leaves the top ...
Don't know why I've never thought of doing that. Makes everything much easier.

Sep 1, 2010
i love invisible pass, and there is a reeeaallllyy awesome simple one taught on "hole thing" on theory11, it's a nice illusion it's called the "slip jog"

venus control is also nice aswell :)

Nov 2, 2010
The convincing control by Ed Marlo is one of the most beautiful controls you will ever see. It is one of my personal favorites.

Dec 11, 2010
California
I use the classic pass or the spread pass. I favor those over most controls because it is pretty clean and fast expecially when it is done under misdirection

Mar 14, 2011
My favorite controls would be: the one handed pass (as taught by Brad Christian), the ego slip (as taught by Danny Garcia), and a control taught in Dan and Dave's "Swiss Made."

Those are MY top three,
TJ

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results