Problem with Marcus Eddie's Stairway

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
I can get every part of this effect down without any difficulties but with the exception of only one part. I will try to explain my problem as best as possible without revealing the method. So, right in the beginning of the effect after the bill jumps from the bottom strand to the next one up, right after I do the move to make it happen, the bottom band slips of my ring fingers. My question is, how do I keep the band from moving and how to get it to stay on my ring fingers throught the jumps. Thanks.

Jul 10, 2010
McAllen, TX
www.wix.com
Keep the rubber band as far back on the webs of your fingers as possible. After some practice, you will et better and have a better feel for how the effect flows with you personally with the moves. Let me know if it helps.

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
It's one of those things that you just "get" with more practice. It's almost like you get used to "catching" or "hooking" it before it slips off. Chances are you're moving the fingers either too far or too slow. The motion to let it slip off is very small, smaller than you think it should require. If you're going too slow, which is what happened to me when I first practiced it, then it could also slip off.

PM me if you want more detailed help.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
It also helps to concentrate on isolating the fingers. Only the fingers necessary to make the bill jump should be moving. Make sure that when your pinkies are supposed to be moving that your third fingers are not moving as well. It's focus and isolation and practice. Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I PM'd the original poster, but since more than one person is having trouble I might know the actual problem.

You're letting your fingers curl too far into a fist. You have to keep your hand (from the wrist to the first joint of your fingers) straight enough so the band won't slip off. To facilitate the only move, you're probably bending your fingers too far inward, allowing the band to slide right off.

Jul 3, 2012
Same problem here, :( , will keep praticing it in the next days, hope I can do this, it's a great effect.

By the way, anyone know how to do the bill travel from top to down , piece by piece, instead down to top?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results