Making a Deck Vanish

Hey guys.. On ThanksGiving night i'm going to be doing some card magic to a bunch of people and i still haven't figured out how to close my card routine.

Here's my situation - the spectators card is in a card box in my pocket ( they don't know that their card is in my pocket), and i need to cover the deck with some shirt on the table... and when i lift it back up, the deck is gone and the card box with the spectators card is left...

How do i make the deck disapear and the card box appear in its place?
(any advices would help also)
heres the routine that i'm going to be doing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJJidnWFpLI

i'm only doing up to 4:40 of the vid

P.S. I've been looking all over for a way to do that.. but i just can't find out how to do it..

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
May I ask if you have asked James Brown whether you can use his routine?

I would be willing to help you if you do have his permission.

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
You could probably pocket the deck and grab the box, simply retaining the top card, making it still seem like a deck...then just cardini change it...fairly simple

Nov 15, 2007
Hawaii
Lap?

Lapping the deck and swapping it with a palmed box might work.

I guess you could use the glass through table effect. OR if you want to be risky and try it in your hands, the back of the deck box (assuming that you're using Bicycle) has the same design as a card. So it would seem to spectators that the deck changed right before their eyes.

Just suggestions.... not sure if it's been done utilizing the box design before... because I just came up with that now. If it is, then tell me! If not, I want it named after me! lol. Just kidding... but I would like credit for that if it really is original.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are wearing a coat/jacket... topit comes in mind.

That's what came to mind as well; Michael Ammar has some incredible Topit resources...You should be able to come up with a decent vanish given a silk+Topit.

Then it's only a matter of making the box appear; play around, it depends on what you're wearing. There's a few methods I'm thinking of. Maybe bring it out WITH the silk, so it's there the whole time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results